Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you make a good mug of tae?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Cup of tae
    Boil kettle
    Pour water into mug around halfway and let it sit for a couple of minutes to heat the mug
    Reboil kettle, dump mug water ,add teabag , fill and leave sit for 4 or so minutes.
    Remove tea bag, add milk
    Smoke joint, sip tae

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

Mug of tea
    Ok here is the correct way to make a Mug of Tae
    (1) Barrys teabag into mug
    (2) Pour water just of the boil into mug
    (3) Stir for 20-30 seconds
    (4) add a drop of milk - only a drop now the tae should be a dark tan colour
    (5) And I cannot stress this enough - Leave the teabag in the cup while you drink it.

Now a Pot of tae requires the following:
    (1) Scald the Pot with some of the water from the boiled kettle
    (2) add 1 teabag for the pot and 1 extra teabag for each person getting served from the pot (i.e. 2 people require 3 teabags 3 and more people will require 4 teabags which is the maximum that can be added to the pot)
    (3) Place the pot with the tea and hot(not boiling) on a stove top or gas ring on a medium heat for 1 minute - as we say in the west "To let it Draw"
    (4) Serve in mugs and add milk (again only a drop)

Some other rules I live by:
    - Barrys tea only. None of that Sassenach Lyons ****e. If you do drink it you are a west Brit and probably a protestant. Nor that new age Hun ****e from Lidl/Aldi- aka Mcgraths
    - No SUGAR - Tea is for that slightly bitter taste on the tongue.
    - Don't use that Northern Irish milk you find in petrol stations and in supermarket own-brand stuff in you tea - all Nordie milk has a taste of cheese and should be banned from the Irish Republic
    - You use the Irish word tae when describing the drink. but use the english teabag for the physical tea inside that filter bag

(Now before anyone gets sand in their vagina with me - these are the rules I live by and I respect and serve anybody tea in their preferred manner if I offer to make it)

Advertisement