Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone Contracts.

Options
  • 30-10-2020 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

This might be helpful to some people but with the new EU regulations coming in on the 21st of Dec all mobile contracts are voidable. Once the terms and conditions are changed the contract becomes void and you will be able to walk away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Regulation enforced contract changes are exempt from the right to exit the contract early without penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Regulation enforced contract changes are exempt from the right to exit the contract early without penalty.

You're not correct and I have checked with my mobile provider and they have confirmed so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Which provider is it?

Three have issued a notification regarding EECC...
    https://notifications.three.ie/EECC/billpay/1

From FAQs on that page...
    Since my contract is changing, can I cancel my contract and leave Three?

No. There is no right of exit your contract. The EECC is a regulatory change and Three is legally obliged to update your terms and conditions. All pricing will remain the same.

Unless your provider is making additional contract changes separate from the regulations...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Three have made it clear you cannot leave without penalty in their communication to the customer. What network are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Can't see it being that easy tbh, expensive legal teams will have all the loopholes covered

• Advertisement
Advertisement