Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy Calculation

Options
  • 14-10-2020 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I have been made redundant and I am trying to work out what redundancy I am entitled to. I was in casual employment with no set weeks, days or hours so it's a bit complicated. I had been with the company for a little over 4 year's total.
    I understand for redundancy calculation purposes that the time in service that's counted is only reckonable service and breaks in service like lay off are not counted in this.
    As I said my job was casual with the days of the week and hours variable. Some days and weeks I had no work at different times.
    So does evey time I had a day or week without work count as a lay off break in service ?
    I noticed on the redundancy RP 50 form it requires you to fill in breaks in service with space for 4 different breaks provided.
    Between short breaks a few days or week here and there I would have many breaks to count for over the past 3 year's. I know the breaks are only counted in your last 3 years of employment for redundancy calculation.
    Am I correct in what I am saying or is the "lay off" thats counted as unreckonable service something different ?

Advertisement