Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRO Yearly returns - File myself instead of Accountant

Options
  • 11-06-2019 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Is it difficult to do your own Company Registration Office (CRO) annual returns?

I want to do this myself, my accountant does this presently, but company inactive for a couple of years , so cannot afford them doing it.

Any inforamtion would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

I believe these can now be filed online (has to be filed online) if you are not trading your return should be null - its worth looking at the process via ROS.ie to see what information you can complete without the need for an accountant.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭CFC1969

I believe these can now be filed online (has to be filed online) if you are not trading your return should be null - its worth looking at the process via ROS.ie to see what information you can complete without the need for an accountant.

Thanks for the prompt reply Murph

Company is inactive for a few years, so was going to use last years B1, and copy it.

The accountant has the name / password of my company, was going to ask him for them , and do myself.

Have left CRO video for filling in B1 below.

https://www.cro.ie/Annual-Return/Filing-Electronically/Filing-B1-Online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxgMpx23Wzk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

CFC1969 wrote: »
    Company is inactive for a few years, so was going to use last years B1, and copy it.
    Same as; that's what I did. Afterwards though, Revenue contacted me and asked if I wanted to de-register the accountant, which I did. She said it was no hassle to re-register whenever I needed her again.

Same as; that's what I did. Afterwards though, Revenue contacted me and asked if I wanted to de-register the accountant, which I did. She said it was no hassle to re-register whenever I needed her again.

Thanks for the reply CDGalwegian,

Did your accountant charge you anything for handing over the company login ID to you?

I submitted my own returns last year (for the previous years (non) activity). As far as I can recall I just went ahead and did it myself- I don't remember having to get the co ID from the accountant. Perhaps if I had needed to she would have advised to de-register also!
    Are you sure you don't have the co ID to do this? If you don't get any joy in checking, I can go and check how I did what I did to jog my memory (or someone else here might know straightaway.
    So, if you can use your ID, don't forget to tell your accountant that you want them to deregister.

• Advertisement

I submitted my own returns last year (for the previous years (non) activity). As far as I can recall I just went ahead and did it myself- I don't remember having to get the co ID from the accountant. Perhaps if I had needed to she would have advised to de-register also!
    Are you sure you don't have the co ID to do this? If you don't get any joy in checking, I can go and check how I did what I did to jog my memory (or someone else here might know straightaway.
    So, if you can use your ID, don't forget to tell your accountant that you want them to deregister.

Thanks for the prompt response CDGalwegian, I appreciate you taking the time to help me

I have never logged into the site, I have my B1 submission number and company number .... It is looking for an email ID to login

Thanks for the prompt response CDGalwegian, I appreciate you taking the time to help me

I have never logged into the site, I have my B1 submission number and company number .... It is looking for an email ID to login
    Just checked there; I used my own email address to log in- you should be able to do so as well.

Just checked there; I used my own email address to log in- you should be able to do so as well.

Thanks again CDGalwegian

I put in the email address we communicate with, and used it to try and get a new password, but have received no reply from CRO, looks like my email ID is not registered.

He may have my company on a central login

I registered the company myself, way before I went near an accountant, so that's probably why I could still log in with my email address. Sounds like you can just get the accountant to de-register, and after that you can request your own email as login from the CRO.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

You just need to set up a new account on CORE .

Your accountants log in details are for all their companies they are not specific to any one company.

• Advertisement

Appreciate the reply Immy

Do you know how do I setup a login? not on this page, only password?

Or do I contact accountant to get one he setup for me

https://core.cro.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

Appreciate the reply Immy

Do you know how do I setup a login? not on this page, only password?

Or do I contact accountant to get one he setup for me

https://core.cro.ie/

Core registration form.

Immy wrote: »
    Core registration form.

Thanks for your help Immy

Thank you sincerely for all the help so far

I just have one more question ...

When filling in the B1 on the CRO site, The second item is :

FINANCIAL STATEMENTS, it gives me three options

Financial statements attached, Section 137 and No financial statements.

I assume I use financial statements and attach last years statements, but update the year .. or do I need accountant to create new ones?

As I said previously, the company has not been used for 4 years

The links below may be handy if you need help with forms,

Here is how to fill out your B1 Form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxgMpx23Wzk&

Here is how to upload Financial staements to B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxgMpx23Wzk&

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

You need new financial statements but if there's no activity you should be able to do it yourself.

Thanks for the reply Ciaran So it would be sufficent to use last years Abridged financial statement, and update the dates to 2019 There was no financial activity then either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I have been filing my own accounts for the past 10 years for a dormant company, I just have a Word file that I update every year with revised dates, etc.

So long as you have your 2018 accounts they should be fine to re-use if they refer to the 2014 Companies Act.

File your B1 online, pay the €20, print off and sign the signature sheet, scan and upload your annual report/financial statements and that's all there is to it. Handier than having to spend €400-500 to de-list the company to be quite honest.

MayoForSam,

Thank you for your post, and the time you spent writing it.

it is very helpful. I will sit down tonight with last years Abridged Statements and update them.

It would be good to see Mayo win the Sam, would be great for GAA in general ... getting boring see Dublin win all the time, and I am a Dub ...

Thanks for everyone who helped me do this, I appreciate it.

One last question ...

I have paid, and the documents are registered on CORE.CRO.IE , I have posted the cover sheet to the CRO .... and have heard nothing back

How do I know it is successfully filed, and the CRO are happy with the submission?

Thanks for everyone who helped me do this, I appreciate it.

One last question ...

I have paid, and the documents are registered on CORE.CRO.IE , I have posted the cover sheet to the CRO .... and have heard nothing back

How do I know it is successfully filed, and the CRO are happy with the submission?
    Just filed mine on Friday, for the 2nd year in a row. As far as I can remember from my first submission, if there is a problem, they will contact you via CRO.ie., but not otherwise.
    I think it is less than a week to process (if you ring up, a recorded voice tells what date of submission they are currently dealing with), so if the submission isn't sent back by then, you can relax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭tvjunki

Want to do the same with a company that has not traded yet.

It was uploaded by accountancy so they are registered to submit. Do I need to tell them that I uploaded accounts myself? E600 for uploading a few blank sheets is a bit steep.

Can I upload accounts in Jan for 2019 before official submission date of May? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sderiis

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AndresMJ

Any chance I can get myself a copy of that Word Document? :)
    Thanks a mil in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

AndresMJ wrote: »
    Any chance I can get myself a copy of that Word Document? :)
    Thanks a mil in advance.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AndresMJ

Can't thank you enough!
    If anyone ends up here last minute and people are not able to respond as quick as they just did for me... Here's a link that I found useful:
    https://help.accounting.sage.com/en-gb/accounts-production/ROICompliance/Sample%20accounts/ap-sample-accounts-roi.html

This shows a set of accounts for a dormant micro company:
    https://help.accounting.sage.com/en-gb/accounts-production/Resources/PDFs/IrishSetOfAccounts/ROI_FRS_105_Demo_Client_31_Jan_2018_dormant_set_of_accounts.pdf

Thanks again!

This has been a great Thread, Thank you for all who participted and added to the process.

I would like to Thank CDGALWEGIAN and MAYFORSAM for the help they provided me in finishing my reports.

The First time it may seem daunting, but is not complicated once you have done it

Here are steps I followed

1. Setup an account on CORE.CRO.IE

2. Go to tab for B1 Reports and fill out , around 10 pages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxgMpx23Wzk

3. On page 2, They look for a financial statement from your business, you can use a previous financial report from your accountant, and update document.

The financial report has to be uploaded to the site

https://youtu.be/fxgMpx23Wzk?t=306

4. When you fill it out, you have to pay 20 EUR by credit card. Once this is done The accounts are done.

5. You need to post a signed first page of the B1 statement, and page 4 and page 6 of the financial report.

Signatures from you and a director are necessary. The postal address is on the B1 form, it is in Carlow

Thanks again, and best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4 i want a username

Hi everyone,

I am starting my own business (ltd) and wanted to know if I will be able to do accounts by myself. The company wont be dormant but I will be selling online with a small selection of products.

Would this be to difficult or can an individual do by themselves.

Hi everyone,

I am starting my own business (ltd) and wanted to know if I will be able to do accounts by myself. The company wont be dormant but I will be selling online with a small selection of products.

Would this be to difficult or can an individual do by themselves.

It maybe better to setup a new thread, as your request is different from original thread

I always wondered this myself, as you can do accounts for Britain / USA using software packages like QuickBooks, FreshBooks etc ...

If you were told all forms needed to fill in, and process , you would be there

Good luck with your business

Advertisement