Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 MacBook Pro 13" won't charge on left side

Options
  • 21-07-2020 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I got the 4 thunderbolt 3 model at the end of May, and today it has suddenly stopped charging when plugged into either USB-C port on the left side of the machine. When I plug it into either of the ports on the right hand side, it begins charging no problem. Very unusual as the laptop is only used on a desk, and it is easier to plug from the left side, as the sockets etc are on that side of the room. I've tried resetting the SMC and a few other tricks suggested online, but none have worked. Am I looking at a repair here? Disappointed as it was quite a jump in price between 2 and 4 port Thunderbolt 3 models for it to potential fail this quickly.

Advertisement