Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Sweeney 'leaves' BBC

Options
  • 02-10-2019 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

John Sweeney after 17 years has left the BBC.

He has been holidaying since Tommy Robinson's release of "Panodrama".
    This led to Tommy Robinson supporter's protests outside their studios and BBC apologizing on John's behalf.

Interestingly he fired a parting shot at Tommy Robinson which is leading some to suspect Robinson's documentary might have had something to do with it.
    3/3I'm sorry our @bbcpanorama on Tommy Robinson wasn't broadcast. (I paid for all the drinks, BTW.) So after 17 years I can finally say these are not the views of the BBC but he's a complete c**t. I remain an old school reporter, up for the right kind of trouble. I'll be back.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Who cares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

sk8erboii wrote: »
    Who cares

Both of these fellows:

John-Sweeney-Tommy-Robinson-Foto4-Robinson-team-1024x535.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

whether you like Robinson or not , it should be a worry the BBC get up to this type of thing.
    that stuff was real nasty and bizarre stuff esp trying to get the ex girlfriend to accuse him of all sorts. it was clear in the recording published that he wasn't acting as a journalist just looking to smear somebody

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Tommy brought John sweeney to his knees, a perfect reverse uno
    Jesus wept do we really have fanboys of Stephen Yaxley Lennon on boards. They guy is a stunted little twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

LastLagoon wrote: »
    Jesus wept do we really have fanboys of Stephen Yaxley Lennon on boards. They guy is a stunted little twat.

All the more reason for news organisations to report the facts as they are and not push out some biased driven hit piece a 4-year-old could see through which only results in making the person in question sympathetic to the general public.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Venom wrote: »
    All the more reason for news organisations to report the facts as they are and not push out some biased driven hit piece a 4-year-old could see through which only results in making the person in question sympathetic to the general public.

Totally agree with this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

LastLagoon wrote: »
    You're not scooping Robinson's real name, in case that's what you think.
    Do you also refuse to use Bob Dylan, Lady Gaga etc because it's not their real names?

Using "stunted little twat" just shows you have nothing real to add to the conversation except vitriol.

John Sweeney goes on the lash
    Talks about one of his political heroes, the IRA man Martin McGuinness, and about Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

biko wrote: »
    Do you also refuse to use Bob Dylan, Lady Gaga etc because it's not their real names?

Using "stunted little twat" just shows you have nothing real to add to the conversation except vitriol.

no "stunted little twat" is a very apt description of yaxley-lennon and far more polite than how i would describe him. and Yaxley-lennon is his real name. It is the name the courts charge him under. Tommy Robinson is an alias.

"Tommy" is the name Sweeney uses, but woke boardies are above it.

Also in this recent video Sweeney refers to Stephen as "Tommy"

• Advertisement

"Tommy" is the name Sweeney uses, but woke boardies are above it.

Also in this recent video Sweeney refers to Stephen as "Tommy"

Sweeney can call him what he likes. that places no obligations on the rest of us. I mean i understand why he adopts multiple names. makes it easier to commit fraud. but even then he couldn't do that properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Why do the Yaxley Lennon fan club get so upset when people use his real name?

I doubt he reads these boards lads

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Name and gender, both "assigned" at birth but one is permanent apparently.

Varik wrote: »
    Name and gender, both "assigned" at birth but one is permanent apparently.

He has never legally changed his name

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

It's to differentiate him from the other scumbag hooligan Tommy Robinson, that he named himself after. Also, given he has several aliases, this clears it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,646 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Are you a big fan of Little Stephen?

I can't see how you could have a conversation about the career criminal without heavy dollops of vitriol.

Advertisement