Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you cut upvc window frames, to divide them?

Options
  • 19-06-2019 1:52am

Howdy do folks.

Might be a silly question, but I'm looking to get two fairly basic, but small, windows.

I have bought second hand windows in the past, on adverts/donedeal and the likes, and found them decent enough.

I was wondering, because I'm looking for two small windows, it's naturally quite tricky to get anything that matches or looks right.

So I was wondering if anyone knows, can I buy a window like this:

72117355-window-isolated-window-aluminum-window-white-window-pvc-window-3d-3d-render-.jpg

(ie; two openable windows on the sides, and a single immovable pane in the centre)

and simply smash the middle window, and cut the frame with a saw, to make two smaller, individual windows?

Or is there a reason why that wouldn't work? Seems like an obvious solution to my budget-conscious problem, so I'm sure there's a reason i can't get away with it :rolleyes::p

Cheers :)

Advertisement