Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting of new bathroom

Options
  • 17-06-2019 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi all I am fitting a bathroom at the moment.

It's a ex 1950s social house with 2 bedrooms

So I hired a builder to fit the bathroom and title and move one pipe for me.

We are now at day 8 and it's not even a 1/3 done

I am wondering how long should a small bathroom take to pull out and fit a new one and tile the bathroom?.

I am thinking 5 days?.

And how much should it cost as I have a price agreed and I think its a bit much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭Tow

I costed this with a couple 'leading names' in the last few weeks and like 'everything it depends'. Dublin, insulate and replace tiles on two walls, reboard/tile floor etc: 6K for a basic job, 8K middle of the road up to 11K for what we (she) really wants. Time to complete ~6 days. I would expect cheaper if direct employing builder, rather then through bathroom company. The going rate for a laborer is currently around €200 a day, or so I have been told.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Yah I am in Cork

I hired the builder myself who's a tiler and plumber and he is charging me 3500 cash for the bathroom.

This was on the agreement of 5 days of work.

We are at day 8 and he said to me 2 days ago that he under priced me.

He said min another 3 days before done. So 11 days for a room you can't swing a cat in ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭Tow

My prices are 'all in' so also dependent on final price of fixtures/fittings. It is a also a larger than average bath room.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement