Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bible texts online

Options
  • 14-06-2007 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Can someone please point me in the direction of an online version (English Language) of the New Jerusalem Bible? Something I don't have to pay for access to.

I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

The Knights of Columbus have the whole thing posted on line for you at: http://www.kofc.duq.edu/scripture/

Although some of the Old Testament books are in the RSV, most of them are New Jerusalem Version.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Thanks PDN, I looked at that earlier and that was my reason for posting the thread :) as I thinkk that the KoC online version is the 1966 version and not the official updated 1985 version. I basically want to copy and paste some readings from the Song of Songs and the texts are quite different (I have my New Jerusalem Bible open here in front of me as I type).

Thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Ah, sorry then, the KoC site only gives the New Jerusalem for Genesis through to Samuel, then Psalms & Proverbs & the New Testament. So the Song of Songs they have posted is actually from the Revised Standard Version. I'm afraid you might have to type it instead of cutting & pasting.:(

You mentioned the 1966 version. If I remember correctly that's the one that had J.R.R.Tolkien as one of the translators? He managed to avoid any hobbits from popping up in the Book of Jonah.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

PDN wrote:
    Ah, sorry then, the KoC site only gives the New Jerusalem for Genesis through to Samuel, then Psalms & Proverbs & the New Testament. So the Song of Songs they have posted is actually from the Revised Standard Version. I'm afraid you might have to type it instead of cutting & pasting.:(

You mentioned the 1966 version. If I remember correctly that's the one that had J.R.R.Tolkien as one of the translators? He managed to avoid any hobbits from popping up in the Book of Jonah.

Thanks PDN, some people might say the Bible would be a bit more interesting if it had a few orcs and hobbits in there...these people have obviously never read the Bible ;)

Guess I'll be typing it out so, ah well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 utconvert

You could try lmknjb.com . Can be useful for language learning also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The dead arose, and appeared to many.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Boogersnot

Seems likea good site. Gracias!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My Bible was lost and i am wondering if there is still any organisations that will give? Online is not the same as the Book by my bedside,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thankyou; I tried but it does not seem to be going through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dr Karl

You can buy one on book depository with free postage.

I bought a Quran on Amazon.co.uk for about £4.00 a few years ago. You should be able to get a Bible for less than €20.00 from one of these, the one in the link is less than £10.00 with free postage.

Easons should have one. Free postage over €10.00.

Advertisement