Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mens online clothing stores

• 31-05-2019 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Just wondering what you think are the best mens online clothing stores. Have tried m&m, next etc don't find m great for sizes and next can be expensive for what it sells. Any suggestions for me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Have a gander at ASOS. Decent men's selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Duffers1983

Passenger wrote: »
    Have a gander at ASOS. Decent men's selection.

Will check it out just looking for decent boot cut Jean's, polo t shirts and a few jumpers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

for asos stick to there own brand tend to overcharge on other brands especally on trainers and pay in gbp tends to be cheaper.

for sizes just be wary of what fit it says but always found there brand to be good quality and well fitting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭This is it

I rarely buy online, it's a minefield trying to get the sizes right and then the images don't always represent exactly what you're getting with varying colours or textures.

ASOS own brand quality is severely lacking in my opinion. T-shirts that lose shape after a couple of wears being my main issue. When I do buy from there it's usually brand name, Abercrombie can't be bought at decent prices, is good quality and have a good selection. FCUK is similar too though sizes are a little smaller. I'm a large in most t-shirts and shirts.

I find next really good, though I know it depends on sizes, etc. and you've already mentioned them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Next are a bit more expensive but can be worth it.
    Not sure what age group you are but I buy a lot from Abercrombie &Fitch or Hollister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Charles Tyrwhitt have some decent gear. Bit pricey,but they have a sale section.

Saville Row.com have good stuff for what they charge.
    Never pay full price though,they always have promotions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Mr.Porter - even if you can't afford to buy from them its a great place to get ideas.
    ASOS - as others have mentioned they have probably the biggest selection
    H&M - Personally i only buy the "edition" stuff as the quality is amazing, whereas on the normal range its on par with pennys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Just wondering what you think are the best mens online clothing stores. Have tried m&m, next etc don't find m great for sizes and next can be expensive for what it sells. Any suggestions for me

Littlewoods Ireland probably has the best range of all online but, boy, you pay for it. I buy from them because you are guaranteed to get top quality, genuine branded merchandise - not just in clothing but in all departments.They also have a good credit plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

Will check it out just looking for decent boot cut Jean's, polo t shirts and a few jumpers

Have used these guys a few times - pretty good selection depending on the look you're going for:

https://www.joebrowns.co.uk/sp+belting-bootcut-jeans+tr430?coloursel=A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I would tend to avoid any of the online retailers who charge a lot for delivery and returns, as shopping online for clothes can be very hit and miss in terms of sizing and you often have to return items.

As an example, the OH recently bought an item from an Irish retailer online. It was < €50 so delivery was €5. It wasn't suitable and return delivery cost €9 with An Post, so she paid €14 to basically try something on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

This is it wrote: »
    I rarely buy online, it's a minefield trying to get the sizes right and then the images don't always represent exactly what you're getting with varying colours or textures.

This - which sucks as often you see stuff that's difficult to find in brick&mortar stores.

It depends so much on brands and styles - here, I normally find that stuff that fits tend to be too short (designed for the short tubby type) and stuff that's the right length is tight (because if you're above 6', you MUST be a lanky skinny type!). In places like Italy...nothing fits, what they call an "XXL" down there is an "L" at best.

Then again, I was in the USA recently, I was suprised by a 30c heatwave and went to a shop to get a light linen shirt...and surprise, the "regular" cut fitted well around the shoulders but was a bit wide around the torso /waist (and I'm no skinny minnie at all!), while the "slim fit" was ok around the torso but so tight on the shoulders I had to be careful taking it off for fear of ripping the back of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I usually shop with USC and always find great bargains on designer menswear. Their postage insist the cheapest though and they don't do free shipping over a certain amount spend like M&M Direct do unfortunately.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I would tend to avoid any of the online retailers who charge a lot for delivery and returns, as shopping online for clothes can be very hit and miss in terms of sizing and you often have to return items.

As an example, the OH recently bought an item from an Irish retailer online. It was < €50 so delivery was €5. It wasn't suitable and return delivery cost €9 with An Post, so she paid €14 to basically try something on.

If you use PayPal to make online purchases then they will refund you the return shipping costs

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Are Gap in Ireland?
    There's one near us, always a sale on, really good for jeans, chinos, shirts - and kids clothes if you're in need.
    I find Next to be good also. Generally I want good quality, decent fit clothes that don't have a big stupid logos on them.

I hate a lot of the other cheap landfill places e.g. H&M, Jack & Jones etc. Fit and quality have been poor in the past so I just bypass them now. I also don't like giving Philip Green money so avoid any of the Arcadia brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Phat Cat wrote: »
    I usually shop with USC and always find great bargains on designer menswear. Their postage insist the cheapest though and they don't do free shipping over a certain amount spend like M&M Direct do unfortunately.

If you use PayPal to make online purchases then they will refund you the return shipping costs

Link

Didn't know that about PayPal, thanks

Advertisement