Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge 195: What's important to you this Christmas

Options
  • 22-12-2016 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

The theme for this challenge is "What's important to you this Christmas".

I know this is a vague, unstructured challenge. During the holiday period over Christmas and the New Year we often get drunk, have fun, spend time with friends and family, exchange gifts, or even are alone, sad or missing someone.

But we often (or at least I like to) spend some time reflecting on the year gone by and what's ahead - try to figure what's important to us.

So for this challenge, I want us to reflect, consider what's really important to us and try to capture that in a photograph.

I won't put up sample cliched Christmas photos of dogs in Santa Suits (guilty), Christmas trees and decorations (guilty) my new camera gear (guilty) etc. I want this to be your own ideas.

Let's see what we can do!

The closing date is 2 weeks time - Thursday 5th January at 10.00pm.

Only photos taken with this challenge in mind qualify. Therefore, the photo must be taken between now and the 5th January.

The photo must be taken by the person submitting it.

Only one photo per post, but submit as many posts as you like.

The next task/subject is to be chosen by the person who has the most thanks after their post at the closing date/time.

Enjoy the challenge, but most of all, look after yourselves and those dear to you..... have a great Christmas.

Adrian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Nightforce 65X55

405011.jpg

405163.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

31229248843_5b7a498c80_c.jpg

Family by Adrian Sadlier, on Flickr

Christmas Morning and the next generations are centre stage! Every year we gather in my sisters house. And every year the crowd gets bigger. Maybe we have lost a beloved member of our family. But two generations down the line the clan grows. And so does the joy.

We live for those who will follow us. This is our legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

And the winner of the challenge with the fewest entries in a challenge ever (sorry for the subject :() is Nightforce 65X55.

Over to you for the next challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

The subject was grand - just bad timing! What was (and still is) important to me this Christmas was playing with my chainsaw and strimmer, not the camera. :(

• Advertisement

And the winner of the challenge with the fewest entries in a challenge ever (sorry for the subject :() is Nightforce 65X55.

Over to you for the next challenge.

Thanks Adrian , Dont feel like a winner but anyway, I will put up the next Challenge in a few Minutes.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Sorry for not getting an entry in Adrian, Had the camera out a lot but couldn't snap something worth posting. Am going through a bad phase photo quality wise :(

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

My laptop was destroyed by water so out of action for a while... sounds like lots of people having stuff going on more than a bad topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Further to my comment above: all ready for next weekend's snow!

IMG_20170106_163029_zps4nqwqanx.jpg

Advertisement