Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computers you BOUGHT which with features you rarely, or never used.

Options
  • 15-05-2021 12:09pm

I'll start: A SONY VAIO (ironic how they're gone outta market now) with FIREWIRE and MAGIC GATE card. The firewire port was never used, the Magic Gate cards were a rip off compared to the SD CARD slot.

I intended to flog Blu Ray Disc images of my own but that kinda flopped too.

I also have a 2019 Mac Mini. It came with a network port - never to have a cable stuck in it. (4G wifi is pretty good for me)

What useless features does your machine have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I was just looking at an old case today with a FireWire port, never had a device that used it.

A few laptops had card readers, one even had a SIM slot built in. I've never used their Kensington Security Slots either.

One desktop had hot swappable HDD trays on the front. I thought I'd get great use out of them, but used them maybe twice.

Advertisement