Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donedeal seller ignoring me after selling defective item

• 24-03-2020 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to recover my money. Bought an American style fridge on Donedeal, seller said he could get a friend to deliver and we agreed at a total price of €300. Payable upon delivery. I did not inspect the item as I live in Drogheda and item location was Dublin, but seller assured me times without number via text message hat it was in perfect condition.

Fridge was delivered but didn’t power it on immediately for safety reasons. When it was safe enough to turn it on, I realised that it was very noisy, door won’t close properly and it’s not cooling at all. Seller had said item was in perfect condition, he is now ignoring my calls and messages. I feel robbed please any advice will be appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

amiicutie wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to recover my money. Bought an American style fridge on Donedeal, seller said he could get a friend to deliver and we agreed at a total price of €300. Payable upon delivery. I did not inspect the item as I live in Drogheda and item location was Dublin, but seller assured me times without number via text message hat it was in perfect condition.

Fridge was delivered but didn’t power it on immediately for safety reasons. When it was safe enough to turn it on, I realised that it was very noisy, door won’t close properly and it’s not cooling at all. Seller had said item was in perfect condition, he is now ignoring my calls and messages. I feel robbed please any advice will be appreciated thanks

Private sale, no come back unless it's a business...

Why would you pay for something you never seen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Private sale, no come back unless it's a business...

Why would you pay for something you never seen...

I’m afraid it’s buyer beware in this situation , in future use sites like adverts that has a seller rating , it’s much safer

Jaymc1 wrote: »
    I’m afraid it’s buyer beware in this situation , in future use sites like adverts that has a seller rating , it’s much safer

Why you quote me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Why you quote me

Does it really matter ? I forgot to delete the quotation as I’m replying on a phone not a computer , I’m clearly replying to the question asked, did you really feel the need to take the time out of your day to reply to a obvious mistake????

Jaymc1 wrote: »
    Does it really matter ? I forgot to delete the quotation as I’m replying on a phone not a computer , I’m clearly replying to the question asked, did you really feel the need to take the time out of your day to reply to a obvious mistake????

Was just asking, jaysus relax.

• Advertisement
Advertisement