Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Sue Me gone huge what you think?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭whats_my_name

rachelanna wrote: »
    SoSueMe.ie is not a beauty/fashion blog . It's a website about the life of some girl I'm sick of hearing about.

I completely agree with the above. She started off as a fashion blogger & I loved her penneys vids but lately it feels more like a wannabe celeb blog... in my opionion there isn't much difference between her twitter/instagram and those dolls from Geordie Shore/Made in Chelsea. Everything is endorsed & the whole copying from other blogs is getting tiresome, that fab beyonce pic yesterday with the caption was copied from another blogger! Wish she would just go back to the way her blog was at the start! I've stopped following her for that very reason but doesn't stop her coming up on my feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lola1314

"What worries me more is the innane reception she receives from the average Irish Woman.."fab hun, fab sue". It worries me that the average Irish woman is now aspiring to be a materialistic and vapid entity- regramming empty motivational quotes and pictures of unicorns and smoothies! Now more than ever, we need women in Ireland in representitive roles and politics. Yes, her mindless twattering is everywhere at the moment, hopefully she will go away soon."

this x million. It makes me so sad! Especially since after the last few years, we should have lost our focus on material crap and have a better perspective on the important things in life.....

Agree with the commentators who were disgusted with the bangle incident. It was a Gucci one btw. Whatever possessed that young fan to spend that kind of money on a sub-par blogger, but to parade it on the net like that was disgusting. I am also surprised by how horrible her siblings are to commentators who post an alternative opinion, even if it's not a rude one.

Finally, its really not on how so many posts are quite clearly sponsored, but she rarely highlights that fact, if ever???? From reading other, admittedly higher profile blogs, this is not something that bloggers get away with anymore! And using other sites photos without acknowledging it, surely if blogging is your job, these are the basics you should know??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

The family attacking people making negative thoughts is so sad. She really needs to reign them in if she wants to keep any credibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I don't follow the blog, can anyone tell me about what her siblings are saying to fans?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Ginny wrote: »
    The family attacking people making negative thoughts is so sad. She really needs to reign them in if she wants to keep any credibility.
    haven't followed her in ages what was that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 LanaFey

I've heard of her, but wasn't really familiar with her so after reading this thread I checked out her blog.

In the reviews section- every single thing she reviews has 5 stars! That alone just shows she has absolutely no credibility as a blogger/reviewer.

If her family are attacking commenters that's incredibly pathetic.

This kind of thing is pretty much the reason I've stopped reading blogs altogether- when any dissenting opinion is written off as someone being a hater and attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Do all the critics realize that more you click on her blog and more you write about it more publicity and traffic she is getting. From what I can tell she is promoting the same WAG style as Look or any other tabloid around. Fashion and beauty are two areas where huge amount of sponsored goods can be found. She is hardly an exception, she is part of the culture. Just stop reading her and she will go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

tomissex wrote: »

Oh dear...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ah jesus, someone should let the original author know about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

That's terrible. How on earth is she getting away with such constant blatant plagiarism?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

In fairness that was posted by another member of the team, not Sue herself... still pretty poor though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

tabouli wrote: »
    In fairness that was posted by another member of the team, not Sue herself... still pretty poor though.
    How do you know it wasn't posted by Sue herself?

I've looked her blog a few times and dislike her more and more each time I view it.

A friend of mine adores her blog, website and Sue herself, would talk about her all day if she could. Drives me mad when she starts yapping about her. :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

tabouli wrote: »

Surely Sue, as the blog's namesake and main writer, reads over and checks all the posts put up on the blog?

I've never really understood why she has/needs a team. I wouldn't have thought that the blog was that big.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I think I just dislike the whole culture behind her style of blogging and 'fashion'. Every second comment on her facebook is 'fab girl' or 'bang on trend'. It all just makes me cringe so much, how people seem to just go mad to purchase something just because she has a post on it is absolutely ridiculous. Also the clearly stolen photos etc. are crazy for such a high profile blog, you'd think she'd have been advised better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I agree with all the above - if you're a fashion blogger it should be, here are some on-trend bits that I picked up on the high street, this is how I styled them... fashion inspiration etc. Instead it's all, look at all the pretty things I have now. More like a wannabe of Kim Kardashian's instagram account.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

How do you know it wasn't posted by Sue herself?

Pink banner above the post says someone called Samantha Gibbons posted it.
    Surely Sue, as the blog's namesake and main writer, reads over and checks all the posts put up on the blog?

Maybe she does and just doesn't read the particular blog it came from, so wouldn't know it's been plagiarised. Maybe she doesn't because she trusts the people who are employed to write for her website. I have no idea.

There just seems to be a lot of hate for her as a person, fine if her style isn't to someone's taste (wouldn't be mine either), but obviously a lot of people like it and that's how she makes her living. Plenty of people don't necessarily deserve their fame/wealth/success or whatever, but if they're not hurting anyone then let them at it. Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

I find it hard to believe that anyone would really "hate" her in fairness hate is a very strong word.. but it just seems like anyone who disagrees with her or isn't the blogs biggest fan is automatically branded a hater and I think she feeds into the whole drama around it by posting all those quotes about haters gonna hate.... people are jealous blah blah... that kind of thing only encourages people more to try and get a reaction out of her.

But yes it's quite ironic really that her book is about how to go about blogging (I haven't read it but I believe from the description that that is covered in it?) yet she is copying things from other blogs without crediting them which I'm sure is the first thing you should not be doing as a successful blogger...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I don't think people hate her, for the most part. I don't really like the blog or her style but that's only a matter of personal taste; plenty more do enjoy her blog. I have to give her kudos for just getting her name out there when everyone and their dog has a blog these days.

I think the issue is the way she appears to go about conducting her social media. Seemingly plagiarising other blogs, not answering genuine queries about things she might not want to talk about, accepting the Gucci bracelet. If she wasn't doing these things, people would just say 'Oh she's not for me but more power to her'.

To be honest I just don't think she expects most of her followers to pick up on stuff like that

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Terry Wogans Inner Thigh

No hate for the girl at all, she needs to be open to critique it she is going to promote a fashion blog though. The blog itself is not for me, it looks like a cheaper version of VIP magazine.

The plagiarism indicates a serious lack of moral integrity though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

She's a very average looking girl with a talent for self promotion, lots of people make a career out of less, for example Katie Price or Kerry Katona. I used to think that in a way, that kind of tenaciousness was admirable, but not anymore when I look at how cretins like Spencer from MIC can make a career out of being a talentless moron with a few quid.

It's sad that young girls want to be like this Sue, as she just appears to be greedy, vapid and lacking in any kind of moral or professional integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

Have followed Joanne along time now and noticed this happening more than once in the early SoSueMe days. As far as I can remember Joanne herself had a post on her Facebook page on how a blog post she had just done on her New year resolutions had been blatantly copied by another blogger - SoSueMe done the same article the next day, same pictures, pretty much same everything. Joanne was flooded with comments from people to say they knew exactly who she was referring to and to rise above it. As has been mentioned above a writer for SoSueMe, Samantha Gibbons, got involved and slated Joanne who ended up deleting the post after the SoSueMe family friends etc got involved shortly after.

Nosy of me I know but if you look here you will see at SoSueMes 1st Birthday Party about three years ago, I imagine before she hit the big time, they seemed to have been friends.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.138094889607250.36004.111849935565079&type=3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I've never really understood why she has/needs a team. I wouldn't have thought that the blog was that big.

I remember a few months ago she done a search for a intern. I thought it was strange as she doesn't seem big enough and she works from home,

I'm shocked that her and glam fairy use to be friends. It's pretty ****ty to copy your friends work and pass it as your own.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

She seems to be getting found out as a blagger not blogger and getting nasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

I posted a comment on her page last year asking if the item she was promoting was real fur. I got abuse back from her telling me that it was her decision to wear what she liked and If I had a problem with that I could take a hike and then she blocked me
    I didn't at any point say I was against it (I am though) and it was a genuine question as it was one of the rare items I liked of hers but I guess as I wasnt praising her either she didn't like it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ah no way hun

Hugs

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ugh I cannot stand her. I had to unfollow her on Instagram and Twitter after she was constantly blocking my feed with ''vote for me in this'' and ''vote for me in that'' crap. I find her whole look quite tacky tbh. Don't know how she has gotten so far she is so full of her own self importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I spotted the article that appeared on SoSueMe shortly after being on Joanne Larby's blog. It really annoyed me, so I emailed her about it. She reckons it was a press release sent by Penney's to 'all bloggers'. Pity it wasn't acknowledged as such.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

dee_mc wrote: »
    I spotted the article that appeared on SoSueMe shortly after being on Joanne Larby's blog. It really annoyed me, so I emailed her about it. She reckons it was a press release sent by Penney's to 'all bloggers'. Pity it wasn't acknowledged as such.

Jaysis! So it wasn't original to either of them :confused:

Ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Well Darren Kennedys website had two postings about the new Penny's collection and they weren't the same as those posted by so sue me or the make up fairy. Haven't checked any other blogs or websites though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement