Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liquid Leggings

Options
  • 02-09-2008 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Im looking for them, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

What are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

theyre clearly...umm....pants made of water?!?!?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I just had to google this to find out what they are - they're definitely not for everyone!

Liquid Leggings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Lo23

I would say ull have to get them online, American Apparel will most likely have them as they have all kinds of leggings!
    http://americanapparel.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I just had to google this to find out what they are - they're definitely not for everyone!

Liquid Leggings

Definately not for everyone :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Holy crap.. I'd want to lose 2 stone and grow over a foot in height before I'd dare to wear them! Never seen them in Irish shops so online looks like your best bet. There's a pair on e-bay for sale for €55; pricy things aren't they!?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

haha I just had an image of myself trying to get into them. haha.

Imagine it, it'll make ya laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The ladies love leggings but of course I can see these failing miserably here, why, because they are sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭wattsusieq

Thanks guys,
    Saw them in a cosmipoliton magazine on some celebs and thought they looked gorge, espc they way they scrunch up at the end.Ill try the www tho.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

The ladies love leggings but of course I can see these failing miserably here, why, because they are sexy.

oh touché , how bout you wear them , see how sexy they are then!

• Advertisement

Not sure I understand what you mean? are you saying that we wouldn't wear them because they are sexy?

emo!! wrote: »
    oh touché , how bout you wear them , see how sexy they are then!

Oh I would wear them but it's not socially acceptable. :P
    SarahJ wrote: »
    Not sure I understand what you mean? are you saying that we wouldn't wear them because they are sexy?

Unfortunately that's exactly what I'm saying.

Oh I would wear them but it's not socially acceptable. :P

Unfortunately that's exactly what I'm saying.

I'm not even going to rise to that bait, as it seems to be exactly what you want.

I'm not even going to rise to that bait, as it seems to be exactly what you want.

I'm not baiting anyone, merely making the point that we won't see these because they are far too sexy for the ordinary ladies in Ireland who seem a little conservative with their fashion.

Fergie
    Kate Beckinsale

The above most likely isn't going to be seen, which is a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I'm not baiting anyone, merely making the point that we won't see these because they are far too sexy for the ordinary ladies in Ireland who seem a little conservative with their fashion.

Fergie
    Kate Beckinsale

Ha funny thing is , i bet if you seen someone walk down the street in them you would think"what the **** is she wearing"

hell i'd wear em , only im ickle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Lo23 wrote: »
    I would say ull have to get them online, American Apparel will most likely have them as they have all kinds of leggings!
    http://americanapparel.net/

Yup! http://store.americanapparel.eu/rsac306.html

I got a pair in Mango last year but they've closed down in Ireland now afaik.

emo!! wrote: »
    Ha funny thing is , i bet if you seen someone walk down the street in them you would think"what the **** is she wearing"

hell i'd wear em , only im ickle!

No I'd think 'Fair Play' and probably Oogle a little bit.

well trust me when I say that no1 wants to see me in those things.

well trust me when I say that no1 wants to see me in those things.

Don't be so hard on yourself. The wimmins of Ireland should be more self-confident. I'm experiancing this with my missus at the moment. Never happy with her figure or this or that.

They look like kind of thing you'd get in Anne Summers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

You don't have to wear them as pants - you could wear them with a dress or skirt and boots and they liven up the outfit! I think they're cool tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Don't be so hard on yourself. The wimmins of Ireland should be more self-confident. I'm experiancing this with my missus at the moment. Never happy with her figure or this or that.

In all honesty, if women don't wear them it's because they have hips and thighs, which simply wouldn't mesh well with liquid leggings. I, for one, will not be wearing them. Although they are teh hotness!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Fergie
    Kate Beckinsale

Not everyone feels the way about leather that you do, KH! :p

They look dead sexy on women like Kate Beckinsale, but 99.9% of women in the world look nothing like that! Given that, what, 25% of women in the western world are obese, and probably a further 25%-50% are overweight, I think we should be glad that women have enough sense to realise they're going to look ridiculous in clothing like that! (Unless they're really tall and have amazing legs, in which case they should go for it.)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They look *scary*.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

its so end up like the ross leather trousers epidose of friends.
    cant see me putting in the effort of getting into them

Faith wrote: »
    Not everyone feels the way about leather that you do, KH! :p

They look dead sexy on women like Kate Beckinsale, but 99.9% of women in the world look nothing like that! Given that, what, 25% of women in the western world are obese, and probably a further 25%-50% are overweight, I think we should be glad that women have enough sense to realise they're going to look ridiculous in clothing like that! (Unless they're really tall and have amazing legs, in which case they should go for it.)

True enough faith but they're not leather! :o

Anywhoo of course 99.9% of women in the world don't look like movie stars and that's a good thing, I for one prefer a real natural looking woman. Still there has to be a good quantity of ladies on which they would look amazing. As simu said with boots................................ drool.
    its so end up like the ross leather trousers epidose of friends.
    cant see me putting in the effort of getting into them

Men should never ever wear leather pants. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭celticcutie

And just when most of the Irish femal population was hoping the skinny jeans fad would end so they could all look slim again in 'normal' jeans they crank it up 10 notches!

Flamin Nora you'd want to be eating Ryvita for a few months to get into them ;) maybe a few years come to think of it :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Right, I'll eat nothing but ryvita and grapes for the next 100 days, then buy a pair of those and report back.
    On second thoughts, feck it- I'd still be too short and stumpy to get away with wearing those!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

i saw a girl in penneys changin room in them, i dont know if they have them in penneys or if the jacket she was tryin on was from penneys. looked good tho but i couldnt see myself pullin it off so didnt go lookin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I was over in London a few weeks ago specifically looking for a pair of these cos I think they look great.
    There are two shops that do them,american apparel and French connection.French connection had completly sold out of them everywhere in London but they might have them in the Dublin shop. American apparel ship over here.

I got these ones; http://store.americanapparel.net/rsac306.html#i. (in black) Im about a size 12 and had to get the large size.

Advertisement