Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible scam on adverts.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

That's some great consideration you show for your friends there.

Gee thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Op
    Has the seller/scammer been banned from adverts ?
    All their listing have been wiped completely which is very unusual

That account has been stripped. Their facebook is stripped.

They are operating out of a residential apartment in Swords.

Its all very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

OmegaGene wrote:
    The op may or may not know someone in the bank and you want them to risk their friends job if they do ? Then you expect them to travel from cork to Dublin and knock on the door ? Who knows what’s on the other side of that door or what could happen, if they are that brazen to steal the money like that it’s anyones guess what events could unfold

I just threw it out there as an option...and that's what it is...an option.

Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭henryforde80

I would think if he's polish OP it sounds like he has packed up and gone home or gotten another job and chanced his arm for a scam on adverts because of his good feedback.

Anything on adverts for that value should be done in person and the item fully tested, regardless of seller feedback.
    Any laptops, pcs should be stress tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Sorry to revive an old thread but looks like I'm in a very similar situation to the op. Paid 670euro via bank transfer for a Samsung Note 10+ from a seller in Galway a few weeks ago, his account was setup in Sept 2019 and has about 23 positive feedbacks for mostly items less than 200euro. Seller was giving me various excuses like being stranded in the UK for work when flybe folded a couple of weeks ago which all sounded very plausible, he said he was definitely due back last Wednesday night and then all contact ceased after that. I've contacted adverts.ie support already and they've suspended the sellers account. Everything points to a scam unfortunately. I should've know better, I've been using adverts since it was created, a costly mistake. Did you ever manage to get anything back op?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MOD: Please do not bump old threads, if you need create a new request.

You follow correct steps by contacting Adverts support, you could also report it to the Garda, keep all the information you have about seller and communication.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement