Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBay , does the warranty go out the gate with you

Options
  • 25-02-2020 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Bought a used iPhone6 on ebay at Christmas? Developed issues past the 30 return period. It said on the listing that it came with "12 month warranty". Is this warranty as useless as I'm starting to think it is or is there any come back through eBay? How do they allow listings to indicate 12 month warranty if it cant be enforced? Cant even leave negative feedback for the item as the option to leave feedback is only open for the first 4 weeks. Rarely if ever use eBay for anything of any worth, just this one time, and will be the last time lol. No response from them once I told them phone was defective.

(GadgetMarkt is the name of the eBay seller in case it helps someone else avoid a similar bad experience )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Ebay offer a 30 day money back guarantee. The 12 month warranty would be with the seller.

If you paid with PayPal, you can open a claim within 90 days I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭mayoman1973

I bought the phone in middle of Dec so few weeks to go before the 90 days is up. I dont see any option in Paypal to open a dispute. Basically I contacted the seller about 5 weeks after purchased it to say it was faulty. They asked that I send it back. Sent it back as requested and heard nothing for a week. Contacted them 2 weeks later and they said it is fixed and will be with me in a few days. That was 2 weeks ago and I get no reply from them when I ask for tracking details etc. Just complete radio silence. I looked in Paypal but dont see any option to open a dispute except the link to the eBay resolution centre. Which just brings me to "Contact the seller".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

You can contact Paypal on 1800 948 510 or 017617395. They will be able to open a dispute for you. Did you send the phone back to the seller using a tracking number and do you have the exchanges from when the seller asked you to return the phone?

Advertisement