Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECHO DOT - would you recommend it

Options
  • 08-01-2021 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I am thinking of buying an Echo Dot - is it worth getting. I want to use it in a bedroom as an alarm clock but also wondered can it be moved around the house and does it work better if it is linked ot another Echo Dot or Alexa? Would want to be able to listen to music and the radio on it (is this possible).
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

shoes43 wrote: »
    I am thinking of buying an Echo Dot - is it worth getting. I want to use it in a bedroom as an alarm clock but also wondered can it be moved around the house and does it work better if it is linked ot another Echo Dot or Alexa? Would want to be able to listen to music and the radio on it (is this possible).
    thanks

Echo Dot will do all you have listed. Can be moved around the house (anywhere you have WiFi) works perfectly without linking to another device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

I have about 5 Dots and I Show now. When the original was released I bought it straight away. Have been using it since. I have so many as the kids use it etc around the house. We dumped all radios etc out of house and because it can do automation started with plugs/plugs etc.

Couldn't live without it now to be honest. You do need a Spotify account or Amazon music to get the best value out of it. Amazon have a cheaper version than the full version just for Alexa.

When I first brought it in my wife said I was crazy, said she would never use it. Now she can't live without her and wants it put into the car :-)

Advertisement