Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parcel left at local sorting office

• 14-11-2019 1:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

I have a parcel that the post man tried to deliver yesterday but nobody was home. Got a call saying they would try and attempt delivery again but asked when I'd be home. 5 pm came and the post man never came.

I'm at home today and still waiting on the parcel with no sign of the post man and tracking saying that it's in the local sorting office.

Would it be worth going to the sorting office without the missed delivery notification?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

I had the same experience about 2 weeks ago with a package from Amazon.
    There seems to be a change in the process as they now will make 3 attempted deliveries before they leave the missed package receipt.

They attempt on the first morning,that evening and again the following day and its at this 3rd attempt they will leave the missed package receipt.

I went to my sorting office the first day after work with ID and the package and or reference number and they were able to give me the package.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I had the same experience about 2 weeks ago with a package from Amazon.
    There seems to be a change in the process as they now will make 3 attempted deliveries before they leave the missed package receipt.

They attempt on the first morning,that evening and again the following day and its at this 3rd attempt they will leave the missed package receipt.

I went to my sorting office the first day after work with ID and the package and or reference number and they were able to give me the package.

Thanks, I'll try pick it up this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Amazon pay for multiple attempts, think the service is branded PRISM by AP, but in practice in my area they seem to only ever make a single attempt. Take from that what you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

ED E wrote: »
    Amazon pay for multiple attempts, think the service is branded PRISM by AP, but in practice in my area they seem to only ever make a single attempt. Take from that what you will.

They've been altering duties recently in various delivery offices so that there is now a dedicated person to do the evening delivery attempt .

I believe they want to roll that out to every Dublin area delivery office as soon as possible .

Advertisement