Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Fotmob has possession listed as 22% too. I'm listening on the radio and doesn't sound like it's right.

Will be a great win if we can hold on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Sky Sports just said 26 per cent in second half!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

2-0. Doukara penalty. Huge win!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

.....lump the house on promotion lads!! The boom is back.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Kingp35 wrote: »
    2-0. Doukara penalty. Huge win!

Well everyone around us look like they're going to win as well, so dropping points tonight would have been a bit of a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

5th as of now. A loss would have meant 10th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,479 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That was a hard run, from Newcastle to tonight they played 3 of the teams above them, and an in-form Villa.

To still be in the playoffs after that considering the margins involved is great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Motoring

Jayzus, Birmingham after sacking their manager....and we thought Cellino was bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Great result last night. Good to see Doukara playing well. He was hardly playing last year. Bit worrying with Wood, as he's a player that is on form at the moment.
    We've a tough Christmas period, another game against Villa away will be tricky. So we must ensure we get the win this Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

What's his story? Much money for investment or is it a mate doing a deal?

Mushy wrote: »
    What's his story? Much money for investment or is it a mate doing a deal?

From my limited googling over the last 5 minutes, apparently the business he co owns is worth 350mill...or a lot less than Cellino who is allegedly worth a cool billion.

Is Cellino worth that much? I thought I read previously he was worth about 400m. Either way, weren't there rumours that Radrizzani is actually a front for some Chinese outfit? I haven't heard any more on that for a while so I'm guessing there's no truth to it?

Zaph wrote: »
    Is Cellino worth that much? I thought I read previously he was worth about 400m. Either way, weren't there rumours that Radrizzani is actually a front for some Chinese outfit? I haven't heard any more on that for a while so I'm guessing there's no truth to it?

Possibly, his company is a sports agency so you'd think they'd have plenty of clients, and that buying one club would actually damage their business/appeal to other clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

He's said that there's no Chinese involvement in his investment. He is linked to a massive company there (Baoteng or something) that people assumed was the money behind the deal. Saw that Radrizzani is worth about £400m personally after selling 65% of his sports media company and that's what he's using to buy in to Leeds. I'm sure if he gets to the full 100% he'd have no problem getting in investors with his contacts.

Delighted with how the season is going. Been very lucky with some results but unlucky with injuries so that evens out imo. Diagouraga must have shagged Monk's missus to still not be in the frame with all the recent midfielders out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

89 mins. 1 up, great time to score. Ft result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Watched a few mins of the match today , a lot of hoof ball but are very hard to play against and just keep getting results ........time to dream?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Results at this stage are what matters most (to us anyway) but 1 shot on goal at home in the 90mins coupled with the 23% possession in the Reading match and we appear to riding our luck a wee bit. At this stage I'll take it.

It's been a long time since Leeds were looking at the results of teams in the automatic promotion spots and wondering was it possible to catch up. Brighton losing right now...

• Advertisement

:( 90+ 4

Richie on the bench :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭championc

Another massive 3 points. All of a sudden, the top 10 are starting to stretch out a bit. Wins to Draws are going to be vital. Unfortunately, you really cannot see Newcastle dropping points any time soon, and Brighton to a lesser extent. Our recruitment in January will be vital and we certainly cannot afford to be waiting until the last days of January to get another striker in. Hopefully, there's work going on in the backround to tie up one early on.

Crowd numbers should allow for a few more quid to be available. Very surprised that a half season ticket hasn't been announced

Either way, the recent trends are good. Long may they last! A good bunch of lads on the field lately!

For Villa away, i hope we have Bridcutt and O'Kane back fully fit

Solid ground out win yesterday. Will be good when Hernandez is back in the fold for a bit more creativity.

Preston up next.

Have to say I still have a lot of love for Simon Grayson...why did he get the sack at the time? Think we were outside the play off spots but was there off field stuff going on too?

Solid ground out win yesterday. Will be good when Hernandez is back in the fold for a bit more creativity.

Preston up next.

Have to say I still have a lot of love for Simon Grayson...why did he get the sack at the time? Think we were outside the play off spots but was there off field stuff going on too?

He had raised expectations after promotion and then finishing just outside the playoffs in consecutive seasons, classic victim of his own success stuff. But suspect Grayson will always get a huge reception from Leeds crowds, Yorkshire man, former player, that promotion, that win at Old Trafford, always said the right thing and came across as a decent person...when you think about it, possibly the greatest manager of the club bar Revie and Wilko. Any club that Grayson manages is my second favourite English club!

Grayson was pretty insistent that Horgan and to a lesser extent Boyle would do well at Preston. I can see them both getting into the first team quick enough (Having seen Hull on MOD last night I'm surprised that they didn't take a chance on either) beating Preston would open a little bit of daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

Merry Xmas to all you Leeds fans, and lets hope we all have the best year in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Merry Christmas Conor74 and the rest of the admirably hard core Leeds supporters in Ireland. :)

• Advertisement

Merry Xmas lads! Treating myself and the aul lad to tickets to the Derby or Forest game in January if we can get flights!!

Happy Christmas everyone, for once I'm feeling positive heading into the seasonal fixtures. It's a weird feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Happy Christmas to all the Leeds fans here. Marching on together !!!!!

ROOFE

As the league stands after 20 mins
    TPzfEgU.png

BEAUTIFUL!

EDIT: SACKO

EDIT: ****E

Started very well, 2-0 up in 25 mins. Rare to score early I find, rarer to go 2 up too.

DOUKARA.

3-1

WHAT IS GOING ON

• Advertisement

Grayson's an absolute gent, a lot of time for him.

Saw a comment somewhere bout somebody being fearful what Beckford would do after being suspended...We'll, he'll have another 4 game break now!

Saw a comment somewhere bout somebody being fearful what Beckford would do after being suspended...We'll, he'll have another 4 game break now!

Fantastic result. Commentary was thoroughly enjoyable! Long may it continue...some serious positive vibes!

Shlippery wrote: »

Fantastic result. Commentary was thoroughly enjoyable! Long may it continue...some serious positive vibes!

Absolutely great to be in the pack breaking away. Monk has done far better than I envisaged. Considering the start of the season, it's been some turnaround.

• Advertisement

Another important 3 points, with all others around us also winning.

Very useful goal difference being built up, which could be important come May

Great start to the 2nd half tonight. 1 up and nearly a 2nd after 55 mins.

Cooper, what were you thinking? Clown:mad:.

Bollocks. Villa don't deserve that at all, although oddly on the Villa thread they seem to think that they're the better team. :confused:

Great save Green

This ain't over yet!

That feels like two points lost rather than an away point gained, especially after hitting the crossbar a couple of times.

Yup, Sacko took too much time with that chance

Zaph wrote: »
    Bollocks. Villa don't deserve that at all, although oddly on the Villa thread they seem to think that they're the better team. :confused:

Defo 2 pts lost. Villa were very much 2nd best in 2nd half. I wear glasses, but I never tried to look through claret ones. Don't know what the Villa fans saw.

I thought that we were supposed to be the deluded fans around here? :D

Pontus is a top top man! End to end stuff there at the end, we'll take the point and keep marching!!

Green was outstanding, made some cracking saves.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement