Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday 23 March

• 22-03-2019 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭

I’m going to start this thread, because I’ve a question and I need to be educated!

Bangor 5.10
    A 5 runner race, and if you judged it only by OR and weights, then My Murphy with a rating of 140 would be a strong favourite.
    However, the current betting would suggest that the other four runners are all reasonable closely matched (between 15/8 and 7/2), whereas Murph is the rank outsider at 33/1.

The favourite carries the same weight as Murph but is rated 102.

Clearly I am missing something in thinking Murph is super value!
    Anyone be good enough to enlighten me please as to why he’s the dud of the field despite the rating?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Can't see Foxtail Hill losing tomorrow in Newbury, 4s looks a gift.

Atletico worth a pop at 40s in the 3rd at Lingfield. Form of his penultimate race franked in good fashion earlier. Race might be a bit deep but will be winning a race very soon imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I’m going to start this thread, because I’ve a question and I need to be educated!

Bangor 5.10
    A 5 runner race, and if you judged it only by OR and weights, then My Murphy with a rating of 140 would be a strong favourite.
    However, the current betting would suggest that the other four runners are all reasonable closely matched (between 15/8 and 7/2), whereas Murph is the rank outsider at 33/1.

The favourite carries the same weight as Murph but is rated 102.

Clearly I am missing something in thinking Murph is super value!
    Anyone be good enough to enlighten me please as to why he’s the dud of the field despite the rating?

Looks like he hasn't gone a yard in a while.. 3 years since he hit the lofty heights of his handicap rating and I could be wrong but don't think those ratings should be over analysed against their hunter chase and P2P form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

3.35 Kelso

Seemore lights

Looks harsh for a 6lb rise, but probably worth E/w support, will await my fellow Boards member for the inside track

Newbury

No doubt Noel Fehily horses will see support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Watched scarlet pimpernel walk through ring not high enough bid (110k) last week Thursday runs today I’ve had a bet 11/4. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ballyhagan

BumperD wrote: »
    Watched scarlet pimpernel walk through ring not high enough bid (110k) last week Thursday runs today I’ve had a bet 11/4. GL

What race?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

abarkie wrote: »
    3.35 Kelso

Seemore lights

Looks harsh for a 6lb rise, but probably worth E/w support, will await my fellow Boards member for the inside track

Newbury

No doubt Noel Fehily horses will see support

Not confident he'll get the trip. Its a big step up to be fair. Said they would enter as the prize money is so good.
    As I said before he wouldn't be a very confident owner but I done him e/w on the back of his last run as he would probably have won.
    I like the jockey change, James revely coming back from France for 2 rides for the trainer, both are worth backing an e/w double perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Duca de Thaix looks a huge price to me
    Jessies yoke is as predictable as the lotto, couldnt have it

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Best of luck at that price. Has had a tough sesson and looked like he had enough last time. Same for Elliott's other yoke. Will be laying both.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I actually think that Benruben is worth a fiver at the prices, he looks the most unexposed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

GIven George Bowen Ew in 3.45 at Lingers 12/1: Don't really follow the English sand rats so have no idea of this lad is any use!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

ballyhagan wrote: »
    What race?

Last in thurles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Nothing standing out today so I've gone for a 6 point total spend on an EW lucky 15 as follows EW .

There is extra place on these race in plenty of bookies apart from the first race so needs to be done with one of those

EW Lucky15

2:40 New Tazka 33/1

2:05 New Ziga Boy 12/1

3:15 New Etamaine Du Cochet 8/1

2:25 Kelso Irish Roe 14/1

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Accum for me today:

Kuptana
    Classic Ben
    Winston c
    Blue flight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fancy Friend Or Foe in the 2.40 Newbury. Was expected to have a big run at Cheltenham but was rerouted here. 10/3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fancy Friend Or Foe in the 2.40 Newbury. Was expected to have a big run at Cheltenham but was rerouted here. 10/3.

Jesus he was going lovely, 11/8 fav in-running ..then just looked to empty out two out !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭jkbkhhho7t

3.30 Napolean Blue 11/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

jkbkhhho7t wrote: »
    3.30 Napolean Blue 11/1
    Nice one thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

jkbkhhho7t wrote: »
    3.30 Napolean Blue 11/1

Nice pick. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

I think Gala Ball should be winning the next at Newbury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭jkbkhhho7t

4.40 bit long in the tooth this lad but is still well capable in a moderate contest

Capture the drama 8/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

That was a great sit from Richie Deegan in the last at thurles. Nearly looked as if both feet were out of the reins.

Advertisement