Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Longshot value preview Podcast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Listening to this at the moment, Aidan. Excellent stuff. You come across very well on it. Good production too. Enjoy the week over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Well done Aidan. Really enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Well done. Good listen.
    Completely agree with you about the Prestbury Cup. That's probably the nap of the week tbf. Forget about any individual winners! :)

p.s. You never actually mentioned the name of the horse in the Brown Advisory. What was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Well done. Good listen.
    Completely agree with you about the Prestbury Cup. That's probably the nap of the week tbf. Forget about any individual winners! :)

p.s. You never actually mentioned the name of the horse in the Brown Advisory. What was it?

Thanks. Romain de senaim in the brown , 33/1..

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Enjoyed listening Aidan, you came across well, good man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Good Podcast Aidan, informative. Stone Roses music links, nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Excellent stuff Aidan, listened to it on way into work, agree with you on Sam spinner and you’ve put me onto a few I wouldn’t have considered

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Will have a listen tonight Aidan fair play. You flying out in the morning? Im on the 6.30 flight

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Will have a listen tonight Aidan fair play. You flying out in the morning? Im on the 6.30 flight

Thanks, on the Boat right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

The boat?! Wouldn’t fancy that at all why not fly?

• Advertisement

BumperD wrote: »
    The boat?! Wouldn’t fancy that at all why not fly?

3 people going for a full week. Luggage is ridiculous. That said we thought about it this year but let it late to book flights. And as it happens were heading to Cardiff for rugby on the way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

aidankkk wrote: »
    Thanks, on the Boat right now :D

Is Don Poli running ???!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Listened this morning, excellent podcast Aidan, thanks a million. Wouldnt necessarily agree with everything you say but always stimulates further analysis and discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Great listen - only about halfway through but will finish the rest in a bit. Feckin' couldn't hear myself think in the doctors surgery.

Any chance of posting up the list of bets? I follow you on Twitter but a definite list would be lovely!

Great listen - only about halfway through but will finish the rest in a bit. Feckin' couldn't hear myself think in the doctors surgery.

Any chance of posting up the list of bets? I follow you on Twitter but a definite list would be lovely!

Thanks ...

ll be posting on Twitter and here, and any bets will mostly be on the day to get the best value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

What's the weather like is it pissing rain like it is her

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

I enjoyed the podcast Aidan thanks. Nice to hear another flat Southeastern accent!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Great podcast well done

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

What’s your Twitter name please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

sasta le wrote:

sasta le wrote:

It's @longshotvalue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Enjoyed the podcast. Keep them coming

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

Agree with other comments, nice and concise, great listen

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

I didn't listen but I wish you well. There's clearly a market for a good horseracing podcast especially with the final furlong pod degenerating further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

Fair play aiden. Great podcast
    Good luck at Cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

That was a great listen Aidan, hope your pockets are bulging in Sterling when you hit Cardiff.

Thanks for all the comments Lads.

Cheltenham Review coming up this weekend.

Anyone with any questions for the show ?

Ill have a tip for the national on this a well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

aidankkk wrote: »

Anyone with any questions for the show ?

What made you come around to the idea of the longshot value rather than backing just as most people do? I'd imagine a lot of people don't limit what they back solely on odds (unless they're Altior at 1/5 :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Would be interested to hear about any horses you'll be keen to keep an eye on for next year who might not have stood out too much during Cheltenham. I.E. Pic D'Orhy, Thomas Darby, Mister Malarky.

Angliru wrote: »
    Would be interested to hear about any horses you'll be keen to keep an eye on for next year who might not have stood out too much during Cheltenham. I.E. Pic D'Orhy, Thomas Darby, Mister Malarky.

Yeah , ill be re watching all the racing this week before the review ,and hopefully picking out this type of horses. Nothing too obvious as the price wont be good.

• Advertisement

Loved the podcast Aidan.

I realise it might be considered a mug's game but would be interested to hear your thoughts about any potential long shots for the championship races at next year's festival as it stands.

Advertisement