Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ultimate reason to never touch a drop

Options
  • 24-08-2018 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Accredited Study recommends zero alcohol. It contradicts bogus studies (probably funded by drink lobby groups) that suggest alcohol can have some health benefits.

So there you go. the final nail in the coffin. throw the alcohol you have out and just say "no!!". There can be no more doubts. Zero alcohol is the way to go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

And if you never leave the house, you can never be hit by a bus and die!

Let's all try to live zero risk lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

troyzer wrote: »
    And if you never leave the house, you can never be hit by a bus and die!

Let's all try to live zero risk lives.

ya troll ya!! ;)

leaving the house has an infinite number of benefits, we are social creatures.

The very minuit benefits of alcohol are largely outweighed by the health and other harms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

sdraobs wrote: »
    ya troll ya!! ;)

leaving the house has an infinite number of benefits, we are social creatures.

The very minuit benefits of alcohol are largely outweighed by the health and other harms.

Depends on how much you value the benefits. In all seriousness though, this is hardly a surprise. It's not going to stop me from going out on the lash the odd time. If you lived in a way that reduced all risk you'd be a pretty boring person. But I respect your decision to not drink, it's definitely not necessary to have a good time. We're unhealthily conditioned as a country to think that a good night out can only be had by heading to the pub/club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

As a drinker, I always found the “a glass of red wine is good for the blood/heart” to be a bit dubious. On the flip side I think there are days that necessitate a drink to take the edge off, though I recognise that the cons outweigh the pros when it comes to alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

KevinCavan wrote: »
    As a drinker, I always found the “a glass of red wine is good for the blood/heart” to be a bit dubious. On the flip side I think there are days that necessitate a drink to take the edge off, though I recognise that the cons outweigh the pros when it comes to alcohol.

the only thing is that what initially starts with a small drink to 'take the edge' off turns into a few in a weeks time. The worst is when you have the 24 cans for 20 euro, you think you are saving money, but then the small drink becomes 3 or 4 cans an evening.

a bit like icecream. can you restrict yourself to one spoon, or does it turn into 5 trips to the freezer and the haagen daas is all gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭henryforde80

I know 40 year olds with cancer who never smoked or drank.

I know 75 year olds who drank and smoke all their lives and not a bother on them.

It's really down to your genetics but does increase your risk

Advertisement