Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chit chat

Options
  • 27-01-2018 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

This seems to work well in other forums so I thought I'd chance it here.

MUF appears to be buying a new property if I'm correct on Snapchat? Then I go to insta and see Paul's recent update and everything gets a little hairy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Emmser wrote: »

MUF appears to be buying a new property if I'm correct on Snapchat? Then I go to insta and see Paul's recent update and everything gets a little hairy!

I believe she’s renting. Went on a bit of a rant about people saying renting is dead money.

Personally I think paying €1500 on a ski suit never mind the amount spent on designer handbags is the real dead money!

Anyway seems Paul has decided to fight back and give his side of the story. To be fair she signed a lease agreement so she is on the hook for her half of the lease. It was her choice to move back to Ireland. It was a 2 bedroom apart so she could have stayed. There’s plenty of separated couples who have to houseshare out of economic necessity

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

Yes I think she likes to give the 'impression' she has plenty of money. From my experience, people who have money tend not to rub designer handbags in your face.

I don't have money. :D

I know and who cares if she rents. I rent because it suits my life circumstances. It’s the best decision for us at the moment. Why she can’t just own the decision is beyond me. She’s a woman in her 30s who earns a good living and wants to move out of her mothers house. There’s no shame in that. All the excuses are just annoying

I don't have money. :D

Me either. I do like a nice handbag though😜 that’s why I save my birthday vouchers

Just watched her snapchat, sorry, it's Instagram where I originally found out about the new property. Can't believe she said she pays Paul's rent. So cheeky considering his insta story!

• Advertisement

I’m increasingly coming to the opinion that she is delusional. Between the excessive photo shopping and saying she’s paying his rent when she is only paying her half of a legally binding agreement. It’s bizarre. And she calls herself the makeup fairy but I can’t remember the last time she did a tutorial or proper review

ahayes84 wrote: »
    I’m increasingly coming to the opinion that she is delusional. Between the excessive photo shopping and saying she’s paying his rent when she is only paying her half of a legally binding agreement. It’s bizarre. And she calls herself the makeup fairy but I can’t remember the last time she did a tutorial or proper review

100%. It's gone to a different level now.

'Howling' at Just Jordan and Pearl being 'very advanced'! Here here lisa for making me lol! I know she was a little dodge deleting all the Instagram posts but I still like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Just curious. While supporting healthy eating, lots of excercise, vegan diet and all that natural nonsense why is RD so afraid to have a picture of her with no make up on taken?

Just curious. While supporting healthy eating, lots of excercise, vegan diet and all that natural nonsense why is RD so afraid to have a picture of her with no make up on taken?

I hear you but I imagine she's beautiful without makeup. Personally I find her makeup style is very naughties and could do with moving to the 'more natural' look. Less eye makeup and less polished look is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

I think Rosanna just likes to wear a full on glam make up look. She has always worn make up like that. I wear a full face akin to hers everyday too, regardless of what I'm doing. I am very happy with myself without anything on my face at all, but it's just personal preference.

I personally love that she's always super glam. I prefer that to seeing them in their pjs non stop or hungover with their fanta and domino's snaps every Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

blairbear wrote: »
    I think Rosanna just likes to wear a full on glam make up look. She has always worn make up like that. I wear a full face akin to hers everyday too, regardless of what I'm doing. I am very happy with myself without anything on my face at all, but it's just personal preference.

I personally love that she's always super glam. I prefer that to seeing them in their pjs non stop or hungover with their fanta and domino's snaps every Sunday afternoon.
    I don't think it it's either full glam or pjs. Her look is very old fashioned, too much make up, too tight dresses... In modeling terms is look for cheap underwear catalogue not something for high end fashion. I don't think anyone can deny red carpet looks from award ceremonies are glamorous (and very far from pjs) but their look is a lot more natural than that of Rosanna Davidson.

Well I specifically object to people who want her to wear less make up. People never say "oh so and so is always wearing very natural make up; she should wear more".

I like the glam look anyway. I think Rosanna looks good.

Maybe it's just, as people get 'older' and obviously Rosanna isn't 'old' by any means, they change their look. Take Pippa for example, long hair extensions gone, bright coloured glitter clothes and lots of fake tan have been replaced by a neutral palette and sun kissed skin.

Ten years ago if you asked me who I'd rather look like, I would have said Rosanna! She was miss world after all, she was and is gorgeous.
    Now, I'd say Pippa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I don't like Rosannas look at all, but I don't think she should change for me!

I do think her look is bad for her brand though, a natural look would help her with more in selling herself on the health /diet guru front (or whatever you call it).

Pageant girl and nutrition don't seem to gel well visually!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

I would say she's renting for a few reasons, but as always letting us think she's buying. I doubt she's buying because:
    A) I doubt as an influencer she'd get a mortgage as it's not a guaranteed income.
    B) if she had the cash and paid for it in full, revenue would seriously be asking questions and that could open a whole can of worms
    C) she's moving in after Austria which is next week? Generally it takes apx 6-8 weeks to buy a property with all the paperwork etc, so a week or two would be super fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

blairbear wrote: »
    Well I specifically object to people who want her to wear less make up. People never say "oh so and so is always wearing very natural make up; she should wear more".

I like the glam look anyway. I think Rosanna looks good.

I agree! It's no one's business how much make up someone wears unless they are selling skin care and slathered in the stuff or a make up artist who doesn't know how to blend.
    I think she looks great and I like that she hasnt changed who she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭forumuser

Amberjack wrote: »
    I would say she's renting for a few reasons, but as always letting us think she's buying. I doubt she's buying because:
    A) I doubt as an influencer she'd get a mortgage as it's not a guaranteed income.
    B) if she had the cash and paid for it in full, revenue would seriously be asking questions and that could open a whole can of worms
    C) she's moving in after Austria which is next week? Generally it takes apx 6-8 weeks to buy a property with all the paperwork etc, so a week or two would be super fast

She's definitely renting because she talked a lot (a lot!) about it on snapchat over the weekend. How she's decided not to buy at the moment as she's going to save to build and she's going to rent like a 'girlboss' in the meantime. I didn't understand that comment at all.

forumuser wrote: »
    She's definitely renting because she talked a lot (a lot!) about it on snapchat over the weekend. How she's decided not to buy at the moment as she's going to save to build and she's going to rent like a 'girlboss' in the meantime. I didn't understand that comment at all.

It means "I can't get a mortgage so I'll make out everyone who has one is an idiot and I'm better than them all"

Real independent women don't wait for a man to buy their own place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Real independent women don't wait for a man to buy their own place.

Real independent women might be paying all disposable income on rent and might find it hard to buy their own place without the help of parents or another person to save for the deposit and share the mortgage. I have no interest what relationship bloggers are in or where they live but there are plenty independent women (or men) who can't buy on their own.

• Advertisement

The makeupmonster set up a go fund me page for her son oscar. It's heart breaking. The poor family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I am jaded with the amount of negative press given to the bloggers/vloggers/influencers etc over the last few weeks. I am by no means a lover of them all, I don't follow anybody. I am more intrigued to be honest. I think some of these people could do a really good job if they took on board proper advice from proven marketeers, sales people, management experts instead of block all.

But who is an example of someone doing it right?

meeeeh wrote: »
    Real independent women might be paying all disposable income on rent and might find it hard to buy their own place without the help of parents or another person to save for the deposit and share the mortgage. I have no interest what relationship bloggers are in or where they live but there are plenty independent women (or men) who can't buy on their own.

She specifically said she could afford a mortgage alone but she was waiting for her soulmate before she got one, in the next breath she referred to herself as an "independent woman". That's what I was referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

She specifically said she could afford a mortgage alone but she was waiting for her soulmate before she got one, in the next breath she referred to herself as an "independent woman". That's what I was referring to.

There's a difference between affording a mortgage and being approved for one - Just Saying.......

Maybe it's just, as people get 'older' and obviously Rosanna isn't 'old' by any means, they change their look. Take Pippa for example, long hair extensions gone, bright coloured glitter clothes and lots of fake tan have been replaced by a neutral palette and sun kissed skin.

Ten years ago if you asked me who I'd rather look like, I would have said Rosanna! She was miss world after all, she was and is gorgeous.
    Now, I'd say Pippa.

I guess it's a matter of personal taste. I am the same age as those 2 women and Pippa's look does nothing for me. I think she is lovely looking but I would just never wear any of her clothes or make up whereas on at least ten occasions in the last year, I've gone on to Rosanna's Instagram and seen her in yet another dress I already own. A neutral palette etc doesn't appeal to everyone.

I'm glad Rosanna is challenging the notion of what an influencer who is big into health and nutrition should look like. More natural looking doesn't appeal to us all! It's just horses for courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lindy17

The makeupmonster set up a go fund me page for her son oscar. It's heart breaking. The poor family.

I never have been to a blogger event but I just bought tickets to the fundraising event thebeautifultruth is organising for her family. It’s 50€ With the money being donated to charity. Pippa and Stephanie McMakeup are both going to be there, sinead herself from TBT and loads others but I don’t follow everyone she mentioned. (Moms fitness diary, I come undone, Louise O Connell)

I’d never pay the 100€ for the girls day out type days organised by SSM or Pippa. At least this 50€ going to a good cause and a chance to see what all the fuss is about!

Lindy17 wrote: »
    I never have been to a blogger event but I just bought tickets to the fundraising event thebeautifultruth is organising for her family. It’s 50€ With the money being donated to charity. Pippa and Stephanie McMakeup are both going to be there, sinead herself from TBT and loads others but I don’t follow everyone she mentioned. (Moms fitness diary, I come undone, Louise O Connell)

I’d never pay the 100€ for the girls day out type days organised by SSM or Pippa. At least this 50€ going to a good cause and a chance to see what all the fuss is about!

That's so kind of you. I'm so upset after reading the story, I'm just going to donate directly. I'd be a blubbering mess on the day of the workshop. It's still so nice of all those getting involved. Puts everything into perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Amberjack wrote: »
    6-8 weeks?! Try 6-8 months to buy a house! Any of my friends and myself included, it has taken a good while to buy a house. There's a lot of work in getting a mortgage, then there might be to-ing and fro-ing with putting offers in and trying to get sale agreed, then all the legal paperwork, waiting for the other solicitor to do their side, you might be somewhere in a chain where another is dependent on a house sale going through. From my experience in house purchases in the last few years, none of them have been straight forward. Ours took 9 months from expression of interest to key in the front door.

Sorry for the OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Lindy17 wrote: »

It's a pity I'm not about that day, I'd say it's going to be emotional but at the same time the ladies taking part in it are fab women. Fair play to TBT et al for organising it

• Advertisement

You know what? Every time I think "oh Joanne can't possibly be any more tone deaf or immature than she is right now", she whips one more dumb move out of her proverbial bag of misjudged tricks and surprises me.

On her insta story, she just posted a "jokey" private message from her male friend/flirtation/who cares. She had asked whether her make up tutorials should be on Instagram or youtube. He asked was there a "send nudes" option he could get instead.

Well done, Joanne! Great example to the young teenagers and prepubescent girls who follow you! You ask a professional question, some cute guy jokes about you sending nudes instead and you giggle along and validate him by reposting it. (And all in the name of showing her ex how desirable she is, I'm sure.)

Recently released statistics show that up to fifty percent of 6th year students have sexted, and they start as young as 11 years old.

If I was an influencer, it might cross my mind to warn young girls (and boys) of the risks involved in sending naked photos of themselves to others. But Joanne doesn't have a titter of wit, so she thinks any male attention is good enough.

Sorry for the rant!!

Advertisement