Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studyonline.ie for ACCA

Options
  • 03-01-2018 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has used studyonline.ie and how they found it?

I'm about to start ACCA F8, did F6 last summer with no study aids bar the ITI manual, and sat F5 & F7 in December using open tuition, however, would like proper lectures going forward and I feel open tuition just doesn't cover all topics sufficiently.

Also, work will be paying for it from now on biggrin.png

So, reviews or recommendations for similar lectures anyone?

I like the fact that lectures are available on demand as I wouldn't be able to attend lectures at set times due to working fulltime and being a single parent...

Many thanks!

(I've also posted in the accounting forum...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 salad_man

Following up on this thread ; Has anyone had any experience with StudyOnline.ie?

Considering doing the professional ACCA exams through them and curious for some feedback

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Pippa!

Hey Salad man,
    It seems I'm the only one who's used studyonline judging by the response to this tread ;-)

I used it for F8, and it was great, the course material was really good and the lectures very thorough, can't remember his name and he was pretty boring but he knew his stuff and was able to explain everything very well, good notes and workings etc. I passed the exam with flying colours.

I then tried it for F9 and was really really disappointed, the course material was rubbish, and the lectures were full of mistakes as well as not being very useful for anything really.

So they're not very consistent...

I'm doing P6 in March and have been checking out the lectures (if you go onto their site you can get a free trial period) and it looks like I'm set for disappointment again :-/ Unfortunately there aren't a whole lot of options when it comes to tax and the Irish variant so I'm probably going to go for it anyway.

For the other subjects I thought I might try LearnSignal, anyone have any experience with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 StudyOnline.ie

Hi Pippa,

This thread has been pointed out to us by another prospect and we thought it would be good to get in touch with you to discuss your experience in more detail.

First, I wish to express our sincere regret that you found our F9 module not up to the standard. As a training provider we take every feedback, good or bad, very seriously and always strive to improve. Part of this is discussion and feedback from our past and current students.

We would be very grateful if you could take a moment to contact us either via pm or email to discuss this further Pippa and I am certain we can improve on your experience.

Best wishes
    Renata
    01 9012016

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Pippa!

Hi Renata,

In response to your post, firstly my name is not really Pippa! ;-)
    I did give you feedback at the time, Vaeni and I discussed my experience in great detail.
    If you'd like me to reiterate for the purpose of this thread, then I would still maintain that the F9 module is a disappointment, but the F8 module was very very good. As for P6, while not wonderful or as good as the F8 module, it is proving to be at least useful.
    The admin staff is great tho, very helpful and courteous :-)

Best,
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 StudyOnline.ie

Thank you very much for your reply. I obviously don't know your name and only the username so my apologies for that.

We will have a discussion with our team about the subject to see how we can improve on it within a suitable time-frame. Again, thank you for your feedback and I am glad that you find our admin staff helpful, we try our best daily:)

Best wishes
    Renata

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hello Renata, If you wish to represent a business here on boards, please contact hello@boards.ie

Advertisement