Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Not sure about tomorrow for coffee. My mum is in hospital and visiting her a couple of times a day is putting a real crimp in any freetime. And I STILL need to get to the shos to buy vital supplies like chocolate and stuff.
    I'll text ya if I can grab a couple of hours. It would be good. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

No probs at all, hope your mum is on the mend :(

Am around most of the day, so feel free to give me a shout if you're up for it at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Fajitas! wrote: »
    You know when we see shows from the 90's, and cringe at what they're wearing... S&TC is going to be like that in 15 years...

Oh, definitely. Carrie wears some clothes that are truly awful and they're meant to be modern and on-trend!
    OldGoat wrote: »
    Not sure about tomorrow for coffee. My mum is in hospital and visiting her a couple of times a day is putting a real crimp in any freetime.

How is she doing?

Such a shame that it happened at Christmas, everything seemed to go wrong this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I really, really hate snow.

I quite like it. But I'm sitting beside a fire, relaxing at the moment :)

My old man had a misadventure on the road last night. Two new panels for the car please. He's not best pleased - I think it's the first time he's had to go to the insurance company :-/

That's my problem with it too! Makes driving such a nightmare! I haven't crashed though so yay... It's probably only a matter of time though :pac:

I have to admit, it does look really pretty outside. Snow on all the branches of the trees etc.

Waterford only got it's first bit of snow yesterday, so it's not too hectic. I'm back in Dublin tomorrow though, looking forward to getting a few snaps :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Liffey Valley is closing early! I don't have to go to work now, yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

What are the current 3 must have fashion trends of the season?

erm i don't know :(

• Advertisement

Ilac Centre closed early too :)

I'll not be happy if places are closing early tomorrow too. :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

This snowy weather and shops closing is making it hard for me to find a lovely dress for my birthday! I'm liking those black fitted ones with mad shoulders and glitter shoulders but havent seen them yet..totally not my style but I like! Any one see any anywhere??

Very slippy in Galway. Slid nastily twice in the past fortnight. An out of control care is very scary indeed...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

How do I convince my mum to buy me a pair of Fit Flop boots? I already have Fit Flops which I love, but I obviously can't wear them in this weather! There's also not a HOPE I can afford the boots myself right now.

I'd say Topshop's a good bet Lady Pennyworth. We are up to our eyes in shouldery dresses!
    I have worn this to death on recent cold nights out! I added a skinny yellow patent belt, bright shoes and pinky/purple lipstick for some POP in it. Can't beat a LBD. http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=20&viewAllFlag=false&catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=162920&parent_category_rn=42344&productId=1517451&langId=-1
    lolcnt.jpg
    Excuse the goofy smile, hilarious friend cropped out of picture ;)

Oooh I do LOVE! I am a massive fan of mustard and yellow especially with my red hair (I'm a clasher for sure!!!) .. maybe if I finish my college work tomorrow I'll treat myself Saturday. I hope this snow and ice clears, anyone else sick of wearing boots on a night out?? I want my heels!

Thanks Twee:)

• Advertisement

No problemo.
    I've red hair too and just adore red and pink lipstick, clashing is fun! No 'colours' really go with red hair anyway!
    Pale and ginge FTW!

Does anyone else think there should be a "tried and tested" in F&A, like there is in TLL?

Might be an idea, considering many females here don't post in TLL and also, males could have their input on what products they've used that they liked / didn't like?

Just an idea :)

Does anyone else think there should be a "tried and tested" in F&A, like there is in TLL?

Might be an idea, considering many females here don't post in TLL and also, males could have their input on what products they've used that they liked / didn't like?

Just an idea :)

An amazing idea :)
    I'd love a Tried and Tested over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Emmsy

Twee. wrote: »
    I'd say Topshop's a good bet Lady Pennyworth. We are up to our eyes in shouldery dresses!
    I have worn this to death on recent cold nights out! I added a skinny yellow patent belt, bright shoes and pinky/purple lipstick for some POP in it. Can't beat a LBD. http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=20&viewAllFlag=false&catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=162920&parent_category_rn=42344&productId=1517451&langId=-1
    lolcnt.jpg
    Excuse the goofy smile, hilarious friend cropped out of picture ;)

I must say you look amazingly like Serena from Gossip Girl in that photo. Love the outfit also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 queenbeeuty

yes there definitely should be a tried and tested thread here!
    good idea!

• Advertisement

Novella wrote: »
    An amazing idea :)
    I'd love a Tried and Tested over here.
    yes there definitely should be a tried and tested thread here!
    good idea!

Cool, I'll start the thread so ... and perhaps if it proves popular enough, a mod could sticky it?
    We'll see how it goes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

No problemo.
    I've red hair too and just adore red and pink lipstick, clashing is fun! No 'colours' really go with red hair anyway!
    Pale and ginge FTW!

I've been dying my hair red for the last year or so and its amazing the amount of cool colours you can wear. I've also taken to wearing bright pink lipstick/gloss recently. It looks fab! :)

Larianne wrote: »
    I've been dying my hair red for the last year or so and its amazing the amount of cool colours you can wear. I've also taken to wearing bright pink lipstick/gloss recently. It looks fab! :)

It's great! My natural colour is strawberry blonde-ish, but have semi-perm dyed it darker recently. Love it auburn coloured! Red heads for the win ;)

Just saw some Spring 2010 trends for men. Baggy, shapeless and gray, blue, black and more grey. How supprised am I at that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The snow has been replaced by howling wind and lashing rain. I just got a new dress in the post that I'm dying to wear to work but I reckon I'll wake up in the morning, see the rain, and throw on some jeans and a big comfy cardigan.

Home-dyed my hair last night. The first time in about 4 years. (I'm a poor student now). And it worked out perfect. YAY. :)

No more buying clothes though for me for a while. Funds seriously low. But I think accessorizing is the way to go. New pair of tights or changing belts around, layering, etc. It'll work.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

janeybabe wrote: »
    The snow has been replaced by howling wind and lashing rain. I just got a new dress in the post that I'm dying to wear to work but I reckon I'll wake up in the morning, see the rain, and throw on some jeans and a big comfy cardigan.

I must say, I prefer snow over rain! But I've never been so happy to own a decent pair of shoes that seem to be able to cope with the wettest weather!
    No more buying clothes though for me for a while. Funds seriously low. But I think accessorizing is the way to go. New pair of tights or changing belts around, layering, etc. It'll work.. :)

I'm suffering severe withdrawal from new clothes. I can't even afford penneys. :(

fonpokno wrote: »
    I must say, I prefer snow over rain! But I've never been so happy to own a decent pair of shoes that seem to be able to cope with the wettest weather!

The snow was lovely. I didn't mind walking in it. The rain is just wet. Wet and horrible. What kind of shoes do you wear in the rain? I have a pair of boots that I wear but it would be nice to have another option.

Bought a bag for three euro in Penneys and a top for four euro and feel guilty! How bad is that! I always get this uncomfortable feeling like I shouldn't really be buying:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Littleblondehen

Home-dyed my hair last night. The first time in about 4 years. (I'm a poor student now). And it worked out perfect. YAY. :)

I home dyed some hair extensions just before New years eve, they turned out beautiful.......eventually!

I used to work in a hair salon but I got let go (due to the r**********) so now I am a poor student studying hair and beauty! I was bleach blonde and it was great while I was in the salon, I could get my roots topped up whenever I wanted. I just couldn't afford the up keep so I went slightly darker. Then I found my old set of clip in extensions and thought "I wouldn't mind wearing those again!"

So I decided to match them up, but not working in a salon meant I didn't have access to the right colours! So I used what little bits of colour I had left in my colour bag (badly need to restock!) My old boss would have had a heart attack if I mixed like that on the floor!!
    Anyway long story short, I managed to match them to my hair and they look fab now. :D

• Advertisement

Booked myself in for a colour and cut in my usual as the all over colour is half price, so total cost is 67.40 apparenetly! I was alwaysa home dyer till recenetly when I went to get it stripped, and it won't strip proper it seems. Haven't really got the moeny, but I don't smoke, drink only a little so this is my treat! I only got it done last on Dec 10th and the colour near the roots has gone (my hair has grown about an inch!)..It is prob too soon to go back but I want to done for my bday :)

See it would cost me appeox. €93 to get colour and cut. The girl is great but I can't afford that any more and really the way things are going I can't believe they haven't reduced their prices.

I'll still be able to get it cut there. They do student discounts for cuts.

I'll miss my treat. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Hi Ladies

I am not sure this deserves it own thread so I thought I might ask here.

Does anyone know where I could get a nice shower cap? I have a couple of plain boring white ones but I would love one that is a bit more sturdy and pretty.

Thanks in advance
    Little Miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Thanks - that is exactly the kind of thing that I was looking for.

Do you know if the ship to Ireland? My internet is really slow and I cant get the page to load properly :(

EDIT: Just discovered they do ship to Ireland but the postage is more than the item costs :( I think there is an Cath Kidston outlet in Kildare Village Outlet so I will "have to" take a trip down there to check it out ;)

Thanks - that is exactly the kind of thing that I was looking for.

Do you know if the ship to Ireland? My internet is really slow and I cant get the page to load properly :(

EDIT: Just discovered they do ship to Ireland but the postage is more than the item costs :( I think there is an Cath Kidston outlet in Kildare Village Outlet so I will "have to" take a trip down there to check it out ;)

There's a store out in Dundrum too!

janeybabe wrote: »
    The snow was lovely. I didn't mind walking in it. The rain is just wet. Wet and horrible. What kind of shoes do you wear in the rain? I have a pair of boots that I wear but it would be nice to have another option.

Boots are what I must wear indeed, got a new pair on New Year's Eve just in time for the awful weather. I hate rain so so much.

What boots did you get in the end, F?

These ones!

102159.jpg

They're soooooooo comfortable, I love them so much. Kept me so cosy in the snow and are perfect in the rain.

• Advertisement

I know we just had a cold snap but how difficult is it to find sensible shorts in shops in Ireland in January? :pac: I only found 1 pair in Quicksilver in Kildare Village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Maybe try the Matthews centre in Cork? They're bound to have some kind of shorts in their sailing/surf/hiking/gym selections.

Yeah thank would have been my next stop, and the surf shops in Cork too. Thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

seems obvious but i presume youve tried sports shops? :)

Is there a TK Maxx in Cork? They'll have something.

sar84 wrote: »
    seems obvious but i presume youve tried sports shops? :)
    Yeah, sports shops suck. :( That's probably the reason I don't do sports.
    Is there a TK Maxx in Cork? They'll have something.

Good idea, there's one down the road from Matthews. Or I could just go to the Blanch one.

• Advertisement

Tis a bright shiney day out there and I'm in a mood to buy stuff.
    I crave a new hat but I'm torn as two which to buy. Should I get the longed for PorkPie to replace my first ever hat that has sadly got to a condition that it's only fit for the scarecrow in the vegitable patch, or should I go for the Boater just in time for picnic season to start?
    Decisions, decisions.:o

Buy both! I hope you bought both...

LOL's, I wish I had the budgit to streach to both.
    Of course if I had enough to buy both hats then I'd also start thinking about getting a new fedora made. A nice grey one with a 2" brim :rolleyes:.

Embarrising things.
    1) I tripped onstage and fell flat on my face infront of 300 people on Friday (including at least half a dozen boardsies). No pain except to my ego. :o
    2) Commented to a friend on how sharp he was looking and I liked his new suit...then he told me that is was an old suit he had just gotten cleaned...backpeddled like mad by saying how good a job they had done on it and you could really see the colour well, unlike before, when it was grubby and unpressed, witha button missing...the hole I was digging just got deeper and deeper and I could not find a way out again.
    If you are reading this Shadey, I'm sorry, I was drunk. :(

OldGoat wrote: »
    Embarrising things.
    1) I tripped onstage and fell flat on my face infront of 300 people on Friday (including at least half a dozen boardsies). No pain except to my ego. :o

That was rather hilarious. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement