Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

but it has all pictures are prices and it's pretty :pac:

plus i'm fluent in german and i didn't even notice it wasn't in english :o

that's coz you're fluent. :mad:

Omg, it's soo annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they have it in french too...

http://www.buffaloshop.fr/index_fr.html

:pac:

they have it in french too...

http://www.buffaloshop.fr/index_fr.html

:pac:

Har har. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

It's kinda half German half English. Which is even stupider than not having it in just full English.

However they have beautiful shoes! Larianne I love you for reminding me of them! Look! I think I have to go hunting tomorrow...

From translating the text beside them it doesn't really matter that it's in German! Nothing necessary there. :p

Yeah, for some reason I always forget about them!! There's some seriously nice shoes in there!!!

• Advertisement

I think I'll go into town tomorrow and hope they're there. I have one pair of gorgeous Buffalo shoes that are incredibly comfortable but I've tried on some awfully uncomfortable pairs before. Ooh I'm really excited now!

fonpokno wrote: »
    I think I'll go into town tomorrow and hope they're there. I have one pair of gorgeous Buffalo shoes that are incredibly comfortable but I've tried on some awfully uncomfortable pairs before. Ooh I'm really excited now!

I went up and down that street twice looking for the shop once. :o Good luck in finding it. :p

Really?? It's one of those shops that by the time you get to it you've forgotten that you're looking for it. And there are so many shoe shops on Exchequer Street that I get distracted before I get that far.

Also it has a teeny sign.

Really?? It's one of those shops that by the time you get to it you've forgotten that you're looking for it. And there are so many shoe shops on Exchequer Street that I get distracted before I get that far.

Also it has a teeny sign.

yeah it's not really noticeable. I thought it had closed down.

God I hope it hasn't. If it has sure they sell Buffalo in Awear on Henry Street! Or at least I hope so.

• Advertisement

God I hope it hasn't. If it has sure they sell Buffalo in Awear on Henry Street! Or at least I hope so.

No it's gone from A-Wear. But I'm sure it is still there.. it's just bloody hard to find. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

their site mentions arnotts as a reseller too...

I hate shopping in Arnotts. I don't know why, it just drives me berserk...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

It's in the Jervis S.C where Debhenams used to be. Young people's clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Maybe I should have learned this lesson first time around. Credit cards are NOT my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

x2 with the unusuable website

And I cant remember ever seeing guys shoes in any of their shops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Credit cards are NOT my friend.
    Credit cards only friend is the bank manager.

Did my shopping today, 3 new shirts and a pair of braces, one of them managed to slip in a sneaky "fully fitted" that I didn't cop, so am back on Monday to get one I can breath in :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Went into Brant Rock today not expecting to buy as they're usually hideously expensive but was pleasantly surprised when I walked around the shop. Picked up a nice jacket for €50 and saw some other decent bargains too. Good quality clothes, now at affordable prices!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

What kind of deal are Lewins offering Fajitas? And, more importantly, is there any sign of a sale in The Decent Cigar Emporium? :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

Lewin's have their €70 and €80 shirts at €34 and below, and a sign saying 4 for 140 (It's 4 for 100 pounds back on Jermyn St. for the record). The three I got were all originally at €80, but came to €108 on the till with sales prices, then the chap knocked it down to an even €100, so I don't really know!!

Ties were down about half price, I think their (£500-700 in the UK) suits are starting at €250 (With the exchange rate, is working out cheaper in London aswell), but I didn't check too much - I've blown my suit budget for a while. They had some nice cufflinks, and a nice pair of orange/paisley braces, but can't remember the price!

Nothing up about a cigar sale, I'm afraid :pac:

Oh, Arnott's have some lovely formal shirts with 40% off too. I could have done more damage there, but decided I'd like to actually eat tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Fajitas! wrote:
    Lewin's have their €70 and €80 shirts at €34 and below, and a sign saying 4 for 140 (It's 4 for 100 pounds back on Jermyn St. for the record).

The ladies 2 fold poplins are 2 for €75 and they are £25 each in London :(

My suit budget if blown. I was putting some money aside to get a new suit in a few months time but then I saw a wonderful full length overcoat...nuff said.
    Not a great sale price in Lewins. Think I'll shop around a bit.
    As for no sale in the cigars, well thats just mean. I was going to stock up on some of their deliciously caramelly Cuban espresso. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Off topic again but I have some sort of flu/headcold thing which is a pain! Working at 8 and and realised it's NYE tomorrow!! And I have nada to wear:( Sympathies welcome

How can you go off-topic on an off-topic thread? :)
    Sorry about the flu thingy. Hot whiskeys are the best way to go. After 3 or 4 you don't care if they are working or not.

OldGoat wrote: »
    How can you go off-topic on an off-topic thread? :)
    Sorry about the flu thingy. Hot whiskeys are the best way to go. After 3 or 4 you don't care if they are working or not.

Of course, sure isn't it an off-topic thread..that'll be the brain congestion in my noggin... what's everyone doing for New Years?

I shall be going to a friends house for a little soiree, with old friends and a few drinkies (hot whiskeys)..far too cold and wet to head out to a pay-in crammed pub with overpriced drinks..

I'm off to the Circus and Burlesque show in Kilmainham. HighWire tassles :eek:.

jealoussssssss

• Advertisement

try drinking 2 pints of water, and get some of those Benyline Day & Night - you'll be feeling well better in no time, I swear by'em :)

A few of us were really looking forward to this, and it all went tits up :(

We're supposed to be organising a house party. I don't even know where the house is. I have, however set the dress code as formal. And I'm bringing some jazz... And rum.

HighWire tassles :eek:.
    Fajitas! wrote: »
    and it all went tits up

BWAHAHAHAhaahhahahahhhahahaha

There might still be tickets available
    http://www.tickets.ie/secure/booking1.aspx?event=PKKYF

Hahahah. I do love when it all (sort of) works out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Uniqlo are about to roll in the monies.
    UNIQLO +J Spring/Summer 2010 Collection launches in the UK on 7 January 2010 and FAQ's

UNIQLO is happy to announce the +J collection, created together with fashion designer Ms. Jil Sander, debuted with amazing success in October 2009. The +J concept of pure tailoring, avant-garde textiles and truly modern silhouettes delighted many customers. After the success of the Fall/Winter 2009 season, we are now able to disclose the UK launch date for the first round of the UNIQLO +J Spring/Summer 2010 collection.

Launch Date: Thursday 7 January 2010
    Launch Stores: 311 Oxford Street, 170 Oxford Street, Westfield London, 54-58 Kensington High Street and online at www.uniqlo.com

Uniqlo really have their eye on the ball. Tempted to pop over to Britland for a day (morning flight, night flight home) and just hit up Uniqlo again. Fantastic shop, and very affordable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Uniqlo are about to roll in the monies.

Uniqlo really have their eye on the ball. Tempted to pop over to Britland for a day (morning flight, night flight home) and just hit up Uniqlo again. Fantastic shop, and very affordable.

Don't go for launch day, I went for the Fall rollout and it was a wee nightmare. One piece of a certain item per person and they almost wouldn't sell me a mans blazer 'cos I wasn't a man...!!!

• Advertisement

My feet are Frizzen cold!:mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My feet are Frizzen cold!:mad:

Holy moly me too! I was wearing Doc Martens and all today! No heating on in the bloomin' college library.

Twee my college was the exact opposite. Clinics and lecture theatres were freezing but the library was lovely and cosy!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Twee my college was the exact opposite. Clinics and lecture theatres were freezing but the library was lovely and cosy!

Not fair! The whole place was an ice block! I wore my hat in class. But since this is the fashion forum I'll let you all know it's an awesome hat :D

Finally going into BT tomorrow go I can get the tag removed that they left on my new Marc Jacobs tote! Feckers teasing me, can't use it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Flying to London on the 2nd of Feb. just to go to Uniqlo. I has problem*

*Well, maybe not- it did cost a tenner. Over at 7.30am and back in Dublin by 11pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I have discovered an amazing bagel (and to make it slightly relevant, I discovered it while sale shopping)

Cream chese, salmon, lettuce and sweet peppers. Try it!

That's gas ye were all freezing..I have an 8000 word portfolio due tomorrow so decided I would go to the college on Saturday...barely last two hours it was SUPER FREEZING so headed back home again. My hands were actually blue! Back up there tomorrow again but I turned the rads up to full blast so hopefully the room will be toasty in the morn once the heat comes on!

You should get the hand warmers they sell in Aldi/Lidl! They had them on special last week in whichever one, they're brilliant.

Snap the little metal plate and they stay lovely and warm for about 3 hours and then just stick them in a pot of boiling water and you can use them again. Like a million times! Amaaaaaazing.

I use those handwarmers when I play golf during the winter. I also wear tights - but thats another story. :o

I think I'll be boiling myself up some for tomorrow.

Two hours to get home today but thank god I was in the car. Managed to get the luas out to where my dad works but it's still took 2 hours to make a usually 10 minute trip. Horrifying. I'll be needing heat on the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I use those handwarmers when I play golf during the winter. I also wear tights - but thats another story. :o

TIGHTS?

Oooh la la! :D

I'm a man of many layers. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I'm a man of many layers. :cool:

Like an onion :)

I'm watching Sex and The City now.
    Who do you all think is the best dressed out of all the ladies?
    I'm going to say Samantha.
    I like her use of bright colour ... Don't think I'd ever be that brave myself!

I watched half an episode of Sex and the city in it's first season. There was no sex. I've not watched it since.
    /Shakes fist at misleading program title - Grrrrrrrrr

If I were to name a program that I clothes watch it has to be MadMen.

You know when we see shows from the 90's, and cringe at what they're wearing... S&TC is going to be like that in 15 years...

How did your mate get on with his suit on NYE?

Also, OldGoat, back in Dub tomorrow, shout if you want to grab that coffee :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement