Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Pump

Options
  • 16-03-2019 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Looking for some thoughts from people that already have a power shower

I am redoing Bathroom and installing a Rainhead Shower I am increasing Hot Cylinder Size to 48x18 which is the max I can Fit in the existing Hot Press

I am fitting Surrey Flange on Cylinder I am torn between a 2 Bar or 3 Bar Pump can anyone give an insight would a 2 Bar be enough for a Large Rain Shower

Thanks
    Xl500

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

xl500 wrote:
    I am fitting Surrey Flange on Cylinder I am torn between a 2 Bar or 3 Bar Pump can anyone give an insight would a 2 Bar be enough for a Large Rain Shower

Definitely a 3 bar pump. The bigger the head the more pressure /flow required.

2 bar might be OK for a very small rain head. 6 inch or so but anything bigger I'd go 3 bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭xl500

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Definitely a 3 bar pump. The bigger the head the more pressure /flow required.

2 bar might be OK for a very small rain head. 6 inch or so but anything bigger I'd go 3 bar.

Great Thanks any thoughts on Cylinder capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

xl500 wrote:
    Great Thanks any thoughts on Cylinder capacity

This depends on how long your showers will be and how many showers you might want one after another.

My cylinder is standard 30 inch. My 3 bar pump can push out 20 odd litres per minute. We get one decent 5 to 10 minute shower out of a full cylinder. This is good & bad. Bad that the next person has to wait an hour for the cylinder to heat up again or use the electric shower. Good because my adult daughter won't get out of the shower till the water runs cold. Bigger cylinder and shed stay longer in the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    This depends on how long your showers will be and how many showers you might want one after another.

My cylinder is standard 30 inch. My 3 bar pump can push out 20 odd litres per minute. We get one decent 5 to 10 minute shower out of a full cylinder. This is good & bad. Bad that the next person has to wait an hour for the cylinder to heat up again or use the electric shower. Good because my adult daughter won't get out of the shower till the water runs cold. Bigger cylinder and shed stay longer in the shower.

Interesting. You could put a few temperature sensors along the bigger cylinder and have a device sense when it's half empty and trigger a valve to switch over to the cold. The trick is to make the switch over gradual enough to make it less obvious that there is some jiggerypokery going on so I am thinking a manual divert valve with a fine strong servo attached. You could tap a secret code into the device with a few buttons in order to release the remaining 1/2 tank for your own shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭xl500

Anyone Else fitted Rain shower any ideas on Cylinder capacity etc

thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

With the rain shower head make sure you get a negative head pump as usually the head height from the tank to the rain head isn't sufficient enough to start the pump.

Advertisement