Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just seen a wasp!

Options
  • 21-11-2019 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭

In my shed while hoovering sawdust with the lights on. I'd say it was a queen hibernating or something like that? Anyway it's still their I didnt want to go at it with my hoover incase I pissed her off.
    So the reason I'm here is to ask is it likely a queen I disturbed? Will she try set up shop next spring? Should I spray the shed with wasp killer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It could be a queen but there are still quite a few wasps about yet - it hasn't been consistently cold long enough to kill the all off.

If it's just one and you want rid of it shoo it out of the shed, swat it, give it a short blast of wasp killer etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Thanks, thought it was very late for it. It was too dark to get it to leave it wouldn't of found the door I'll leave the window open tomorrow and hopefully it will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

iamtony wrote: »
    Just seen a wasp!
    I was at a football match last Sunday (lovely sunny morning) and had just said to the Mrs that there was actually a bit of warmth in the sunlight when a Small Tortoiseshell flew over my shoulder and across the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

global warming i tell ya

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

When I get the dwelling warm, there is a large fly starts zooming round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Eddie B

I had a lot come in with the turf last winter. As the house heated up, they would start appearing out of the turf box

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

iamtony wrote: »
    In my shed while hoovering sawdust with the lights on. I'd say it was a queen hibernating or something like that? Anyway it's still their I didnt want to go at it with my hoover incase I pissed her off.
    So the reason I'm here is to ask is it likely a queen I disturbed? Will she try set up shop next spring? Should I spray the shed with wasp killer?
    still loads about,I've an ivy Bush and they're all over it( berries)

Advertisement