Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair, Dublin to Girona 2020

• 30-07-2019 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi All,

Biting the bullet and booking a campsite family holiday for 2020. Anyone know when the flights to Girona become available for sale, and if the schedule tends to change much? Want to book accommodation but concerned that flights might change significantly. Currently fly Wed, Fri & Sun. Has that been steady for the last while or does it tend to change?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭k123456

Not sure on Girona, used to be a great service, but was reduced

We tend to use Carcasonne , daily flights , 7 days a week, not expensive. Lots of camping on the coast, Argeles, Barcares, Leucate, Narbonne Plage, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

in same boat waiting on next yrs summer schedule after booking Fuerteventura
    Just have to wait, did it before

I have been in situations where the campsite I have booked in advance didn't align with the flights when they came out

The flight over was 1 day before I had booked so I contacted campsite and they put us up in another smaller unit for the 1st night for about €30 extra

Wouldn't stress about it too much, you'll get sorted, the campsites are usually very flexible where the flight schedules aren't

If you are hiring a car, then you could always have Barcelona airport as an option, its only about 100km from Girona and AL & Ryanair fly in there

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Villan11

Thanks all,
    Did a webchat with Eurocamp.ie and they said they can edit booking to match flights subject to availability. They reckon that the flights will be released in September. Think I'm gonna book it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Villan11 wrote: »
    Thanks all,
    Did a webchat with Eurocamp.ie and they said they can edit booking to match flights subject to availability. They reckon that the flights will be released in September. Think I'm gonna book it now

thats who we used that time I was talking about when we booked in Italy, they were really great about it and seems like they are well used to it

If they cant edit or change your dates for the unit you are in they will sort something for you for the extra night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Hi ,

I know this is an old thread but these flights haven’t been released. Does anyone know if they are now non - existent? Thanks

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm getting a bit concerned about this too, so sign of anything. Only positive is they haven't deleted the route from their site.

There has been a bit of history there a few years back RY had a falling out with the airport about charges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

I think Ryanair still fly from a number of UK airports to Girona, just not from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

The Girona base is safe after staff agreed changes to working conditions. You'll find plenty of reports in Spanish on google from yesterday but not much in English.
    While this doesn't guarantee any route it does increase the likelihood of the route operating increases.

Brilliant news. Thanks for sharing.

• Advertisement

Link not working. Can you repost please?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Villan11 wrote: »
    Link not working. Can you repost please?

Here is the same news in English:
    http://www.rfi.fr/en/wires/20191210-ryanair-keep-spain-base-open-cuts-hours-wages-union

In short, it says that Ryanair will keep their base in Girona open. It does not mention if there will still be flights to Dublin.

https://anglophone-direct.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17333&p=125724

The site above is used for British and Irish folk, who have property just across the boarder in France

It is usually cheaper for them to fly to Girona , instead of nearby Perpignan

In the unlikely event there are no Dub GRO flights , you could fly Perpignan april to Sept only and with Aer Lingus, not at cheaply as RY to Gro
    , unless you fly the quiet days , tuesday etc. Think there are 5 flights a week

There is a very good Motorway, Barca, Gro, Perpignan

Alts in Spain would be Reus and Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

According to Knock Airport the Knock to Girona flights will be on sale in the next couple of days. Hopefully same for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Have just booked the flights !! Not over the top expensive either . When you go to book it says no scheduled flights for next six months but if you keep going they are there for June /July .

Dunno if that was always the case or I just didn’t notice before.

Advertisement