Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extinction Rebellion Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Well said. Our current pace of life is not one that can continue. We need to cut back in every aspect of life

No we don't. The earth goes through cycles. The sky is not falling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Well said. Our current pace of life is not one that can continue. We need to cut back in every aspect of life

Your major problem is telling the developing world right that's it guys we all have to lead simpler lives. Ye guys now as well , ye cannot aspire to have the lifestyle we enjoyed in the west for decades you know because of climate change. Soz.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Robert_Beach

Your major problem is telling the developing world right that's it guys we all have to lead simpler lives. Ye guys now as well , ye cannot aspire to have the lifestyle we enjoyed in the west for decades you know because of climate change. Soz.

Yeah, life isn't fair. We in the West will have to reduce what we're used to too.

Foreign holidays, a heavy meat diet, private cars, a throwaway lunch etc etc will all be as alien to an Irish person in 2050 as they will to a Tanzanian of the time.

Yeah, life isn't fair. We in the West will have to reduce what we're used to too.

Foreign holidays, a heavy meat diet, private cars, a throwaway lunch etc etc will all be as alien to an Irish person in 2050 as they will to a Tanzanian of the time.
    The response proves you are utterly clueless. I can make claims 31 years into the future too but like yours they would equally be bull****.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

No we don't. The earth goes through cycles. The sky is not falling.

Would you consider increased tropical storms, melting of Icecaps, and most seriously melting of glaciers that provide essential fresh water to a quarter of the worlds population, the sky falling in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,838 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I wonder how long it will be until there is some sort of pushback at the BBC for their one-sided coverage of Anthropogenic Global Warming vs climate skepticism? If I were the UK government I would be deeply concerned by the consequences of the the BBC getting away with being so one-sided. We are on the verge of climate terrorism when you have people so far off their trolleys as some posters here.

Would you consider increased tropical storms, melting of Icecaps, and most seriously melting of glaciers that provide essential fresh water to a quarter of the worlds population, the sky falling in?

I would imagine that many valleys that sustain glaciers would also be suitable for building dams so as to have water reservoirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Robert_Beach

The amount of climate change deniers around here is scary. I didn't think that it was that way over here in real life but who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

cnocbui wrote: »
    I would imagine that many valleys that sustain glaciers would also be suitable for building dams so as to have water reservoirs.

Dams can't trap what isn't there anymore.

This is already a problem, especially for countries around the Himalayan range.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The amount of climate change deniers around here is scary. I didn't think that it was that way over here in real life but who knows?

I accept climate change.

I can see it, I've God dammed Egyptian birds breeding at the bottom of my land.

I can't accept your last 8 words.

You should have said "over there".

• Advertisement

There is actually very few climate change deniers, the problem for the likes of you is that most here don't accept the apocalypse that the likes of you are promoting. If we are to believe the likes of Greta the world will pretty much end by 2030 which not even the most shrill climate change scientists endorses .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

I wonder how long it will be until there is some sort of pushback at the BBC for their one-sided coverage of Anthropogenic Global Warming vs climate skepticism? If I were the UK government I would be deeply concerned by the consequences of the the BBC getting away with being so one-sided. We are on the verge of climate terrorism when you have people so far off their trolleys as some posters here.

So far off their trolleys that they want us to emulate North Korea. I can imagine that it wouldn't take much for them to start killing people, the more demented ones anyway. A mixture of religious Puritanism and Communism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

Agreed, but we are also being spun lie after lie about what the real solutions actually are by "green" governments, "green" politicians, "green" cronies, "green" media and their large "green" corporate paymasters. Pied Piper scumbags the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

high_king wrote: »
    Agreed, but we are also being spun lie after lie about what the real solutions actually are by "green" governments, "green" politicians, "green" cronies, "green" media and their large "green" corporate paymasters. Pied Piper scumbags the lot of them.

That is a rather extreme condemnation.

Its also a little paranoid.

I see it this way green industry might be said to be guilty of a lot of hyperbole which their younger generation takes to be literal and genuine as they are less savvy.

But there is an environmental issue. I mean have you forgotten the weather we have been having in recent years?

And we do need solutions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

But there is an environmental issue. I mean have you forgotten the weather we have been having in recent years?

And we do need solutions.

Spare me the half witted patronising bullshyte, of course we need solutions, but not the corporate / consumerism / government / rat race ones we are being spun . . . from 40 grand planned obsolescence electric cars to 40 grand heating systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

We already have had eco terrorism from the Unabomber. It’s only a matter of time before climate terrorism becomes a reality. Some advocates have become so zealous that the use of violence to create awareness is the next step to be justified.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    We already have had eco terrorism from the Unabomber. It’s only a matter of time before climate terrorism becomes a reality. Some advocates have become so zealous that the use of violence to create awareness is the next step to be justified.

Read that back to yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Has Greta got her World Champion Mitch-er of the Year Award yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Read that back to yourself.

I don’t follow you.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think the climate change pill would be easier to swallow for many people if it didn't come wrapped in nutjobs.
    To be honest it seems like just another anti-capitalist "revolution" and doesn't seem serious at all.
    And Greta "I can see CO2" isn't helping.

extinc_rebel-800x480.jpg

Anyone got a match?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

There is a lot of Guilt from the Middle Class / Upper Class in this Extinction Rebellion .

With the reduction of religion , they have nowhere to go to confess their sins of over-consumerism / excess .

No religious Elders to dispense forgiveness / penance for their sins .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

No, as I said it is cyclical. How did those glaciers and icecaps come to be in the first place? Through the earths cycle of heating up and cooling down.

What is the posting of that link supposed to mean? I hope you weren't trying to imply the flooding was due to global warming, because if so, you have some explaining to do: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_floods

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

There is actually very few climate change deniers, the problem for the likes of you is that most here don't accept the apocalypse that the likes of you are promoting. If we are to believe the likes of Greta the world will pretty much end by 2030 which not even the most shrill climate change scientists endorses .

That’s why whenever i see a post that begins with robert beech and the likes i just scroll past.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate"

panic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

biko wrote: »
    "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate"

panic.jpg

Tell that to the children of the parents who are to lose there jobs in Shannonbridge and Lanesbora, all in the name of climate change.

• Advertisement

mgn wrote: »
    Tell that to the children of the parents who are to lose there jobs in Shannonbridge and Lanesbora, all in the name of climate change.

Speaking of that, where is the electricity going to come from to meet supply and demand to the midlands?

Advertisement