Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The state of Ballymun

Options
  • 14-09-2004 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Mick from Ballymun was unemployed last summer and was fierce upset with the tragic events that unfolded on September 11th. Unable to donate money to the charities that sprang up, but nonetheless wanting to help in some small way, he read on P45.net's website about a really cheap flight and managed to extricate himself over to New York and turn up at "Ground Zero". He asked if he could help in any way, so the chief told him to "sign in", grab a pick and a shovel from anywhere and help one of the digging teams. One month later, word spread around the site that George Bush had arrived and he wanted to meet the volunteers. So they all lined up to meet the President. So Bush shook the first man's hand, asked him his name and where he was from. "I'm Carl from Cleveland, Mr President," said the first lad. "Well Carl, it's so darn good to have you here and I want you to let everyone in Ohio know just how grateful we are that you men and women from Ohio have come to help New York in its time of need. Thank you and well done." He went to the next bloke. "I'm Chuck and I'm from Orlando, Mr President." "Good to meet you too, Chuck, thanks for your help, and again, I'd like you to thank all the guys and girls from Florida who have come to help here at Ground Zero." Finally he came to Mick. "Howrya. I'm Mick and I'm from Ballymun." A little confused, Bush said: "Good to meet you Mick, what state is Ballymun in?" "Jaysus, much the same as round here." :cool:

Comments

Advertisement