Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machine Control Course in Co Louth Jul & Aug

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Rafal wrote: »
    I would do both MC1 and MC2 back-to-back unless you are very much a novice to biking. If you are a beginner then it can be a little hard doing them back to back because MC1 can be physically and mentally exhausting. In that case consider staying local so you don’t have a long ride from and to the next day. If you live nearby, no probs.

Booked MC2. I'm about an hour away but may just book somewhere close anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

Glad you did. I am biased but I am sure you will enjoy it and benefit from it. See you in August!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭robbie_63

What's the story with Covid for these courses and what happens if they can't go ahead due to restrictions?

Please email info@i2imca.com to get a direct answer as to what happens if things did not go ahead. I am sure you would not lose your cash, but I don’t know if it would be a rebooking into future or a refund—better ask them. I will also ask to see if I get anything I can post.

As for Covid measures, all I can say is that the courses last year run according to Irish regulations. Under those older rules, which have since changed, the event was classed as a “sports training event behind closed doors”. That meant no spectators, only pre-booked attendees. Everyone’s temperature was checked and people were asked about symptoms. After that, everyone was split into 3 groups of 10 (rules allowed up to 15), asked not to mingle, keep good distance, and use face coverings when talking. Outdoor toilets were provided specially for us by Whiteriver Karting, with several hand sanitising stations, running water too. Unlike the year before, there was no use of the building, so all briefings were outside, essentially making it an outdoor event. I should add that everyone behaved well.

Time will show what happens this year. I wish we knew what is coming, but I quietly hope that the combination of vaccinations and the summer may permit some easing of restrictions to at least a similar level as the last year. Hopefully.

By the way, if anyone is still thinking of attending, July is sold out except for MC3, and there are only 7 places left for MC1 on 17 August and 5 for MC2 on 18th. At this rate they are likely to be gone in 3 weeks or so.

• Advertisement

robbie_63 wrote: »
    What's the story with Covid for these courses and what happens if they can't go ahead due to restrictions?

I emailed Tom Killeen who runs all the i2iMCA courses, and this is the reply I just got:

This link: https://www.i2imca.com/Home/Terms has all the terms for how we operate and the process for all refund and date changes. We operate a reasonable approach to customer service both ways. In addition under our conditions we also have some key points marked with * for reference. These would require human applied reasoning for each and every event which may require a refund or change of date. I think Covid fits within these terms nicely in that our position is to determine which is the best solution for both parties for each situation. Covid is not under our control but it is possible to apply a measure of reasonable action based on the ideas that some Covid based decision will be personal to the individual, some will be based on national guidelines however detailed or not so it’s best to look at our terms and conditions as an outline of how we work but also to make it clear that we will always give each situation due time and fair consideration to help anyone that needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

I just booked MC 1 & 2 there for myself and the son.

Looking forward to it.

...and with that, it looks like it is sold out for MC1 and MC2 for both July and August. That was way sooner than I have expected. I guess I am not the only one aching for a bike challenge. :)

Fingers crossed the summer is good and any restrictions light enough. Can't wait!

• Subscribers Posts: 78 ✭✭minttea

I also booked in for MC1 and MC2 in August.. looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Goose81

Booked into MC3 in August, hopefully might see some fellow posters there.

• Advertisement

Goose81 wrote: »
    Booked into MC3 in August, hopefully might see some fellow posters there.

I am definitely planning to be around. :)

Advertisement