Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Washing my boyfriend's clothes...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Distorted

Lemming wrote: »
    My crystal ball is cynically guessing that Distorted graduated from college and left home at 23/24 *

* Note: Anyone in college and living away from home has not left home ... I don't care if you lived in another country to do so, you haven't left home.

You would be wrong then. I left home at 18 to go to university in another country, my father having died shortly before and my mother having moved to Greece to get over the trauma of having to nurse him for so long. There was no longer any "family home". And I wasn't alone in never really going back home once I started university - don't apply your own rules to everyone.

I think failure to launch from the nest is a bit of an Irish phonemonon. Abigayle - what you say about my belief system is correct -and thats my prerogative. Anyway, this post is not about me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 basecamp1

OP I think you are doing somehting i do, over analysing. ur relationship is going smooth, dont look for problems that arent there. if a lack of thank you is bothering you, make a few off the cuff remarks. this is v small in the general scheme of things, dont make it bigger than it needs to be. good luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Distorted wrote: »
    don't apply your own rules to everyone.

Oh the irony. Said the pot to the kettle.

And +1 to what basecamp1 just said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

silentguy wrote: »
    The only thing I will say is that girls are generally better at knowing what temperature to wash a garment in and also what clothes to put together in the wash and which ones to wash seperately.

No that's people who did physics in school

Edit: Actually you may have a point. Seeing as female clothes are more likely to be delicate girls may have learned the hard way. Can't go too far wrong with mens clothes. Only delicate thing we wear is a suit and that gets brough to the dry cleaners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Edit: Actually you may have a point. Seeing as female clothes are more likely to be delicate girls may have learned the hard way. Can't go too far wrong with mens clothes. Only delicate thing we wear is a suit and that gets brough to the dry cleaners
    Generally speaking, in my experience, IMHO, <insert phrase here that doesn't offend someone>, women tend to view instructions as a "How to" and follow them to the letter. Men tend to view instructions as "guidelines" and "Ah that's just the manufacturer being safe", as we throw our woolen jumper into a 90 degree wash with a 1200 rpm spin.

We do only make major mistakes like that once though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

People can we please keep this on-topic and helpful to the OP.

Constructive advice only please.

Thanks.

Advertisement