Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undermount sink

Options
  • 11-02-2019 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi,

We are looking at putting an instant hot water tap in to our kitchen. In order to do this there is a undersink heater required. What is catching us is that the distance from the side of the waste pipe will catch us from slipping the heater into the press. Also the height of the waste catches us.

The sink has its drain outlet off centre. The sink is glued to the underside of the granite counter. I was just wondering is it possible to strip the press and remove the sink and re-attach the sink to the underside of the granite whilst rotating the sink through 90deg. This will push the waste closer to one side of the press and free up more room on the other side to allow the heater to be put in.

If its a big ordeal we will leave doing it.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Possibly the wrong forum? :)

If you let me know the intended forum I can move your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭happylad

Ya sorry i ment to put it into the plumbing section. Can you move it please

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jhenno78

Hmmm, maybe I'm being silly, but could you use something like this to re-route the p-trap off to the side?
    SSINLET1_0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭happylad

Thanks jhenno78 but i am caught with the basket strainer of the sink. Its in the line of where the undersink heater must go. I need to move it out of the way also

Advertisement