Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann Student Fares question

Options
  • 29-10-2018 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey lads, just a question that's been nagging me for a while now.
    Around 2 months ago I was almost denied by a Bus Eireann driver from entering the bus because I had bought a Student ticket, but I didn't have a USIT Student Card. I thought that my UCC Student card would be enough, but he said it wasn't. He still let me on, but with a warning.

Earlier today, I was reading the Bus Eireann page on the matter and it says that it does accept student IDs (can't post links yet as I'm a new user) from recognized Third Level Institutes.

So... what's that about? Do I need a USIT card? What if this driver tries to kick me off again tomorrow when I buy a student fare? I have a feeling a debate with the Bus Driver will definitely get me kicked off no matter whether I'm right or not. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

JUst print off the Bus Éireann page and carry it with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SaltyPython

JUst print off the Bus Éireann page and carry it with you.

I'll try that I suppose! Just kinda sucks that I have to do that, crazy that some bus drivers don't know ya can use yer own student card to prove you're a student. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Hey lads, just a question that's been nagging me for a while now. Around 2 months ago I was almost denied by a Bus Eireann driver from entering the bus because I had bought a Student ticket, but I didn't have a USIT Student Card. I thought that my UCC Student card would be enough, but he said it wasn't. He still let me on, but with a warning.

Refuse to leave bus if you are correct. Let him call police if need be. Then sue him.

Advertisement