Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir

Options
  • 08-05-2020 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭

Is anyone's eir fixed line broadband down mine is off all day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

No issues with me all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

Mine is still off ages waiting to get through to eir.

ofcork wrote: »
    Mine is still fine. I'm near Douglas.

It's my modem I'd say completely dead no lights on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭corks finest

ofcork wrote: »

World's worst customer care service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

There was a lot of fanfare, 2019 I think, about Eir getting rid of the company that handled their call centre and moving to a new calll centre with Eir employees. Any update on how that went?
    With the rollout of fibre broadband I might consider them again but not a hope if their pathetic customer service hasnt improved

M three wrote: »
    There was a lot of fanfare, 2019 I think, about Eir getting rid of the company that handled their call centre and moving to a new calll centre with Eir employees. Any update on how that went?
    With the rollout of fibre broadband I might consider them again but not a hope if their pathetic customer service hasnt improved
    I've only been with them about about 18 months and only had to ring 2 or 3 times but they were fine. 5mins at most I'd say on hold and problem solved straight away.

I've only been with them about about 18 months and only had to ring 2 or 3 times but they were fine. 5mins at most I'd say on hold and problem solved straight away.

Check it here onboards they are still diabolical

Any link to that? As by all accounts on here and elsewhere they're still the pits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Any link to that? As by all accounts on here and elsewhere they're still the pits

It was actually Sept 2018! If Eir's customer service is still as bad as ever is carolan lennon still in situ??

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/eir-to-bring-hundreds-of-outsourced-customer-service-jobs-back-in-house-1.3617755

The new chief executive of Eir says the company plans to bring “hundreds” of outsourced customer service jobs back in-house, as it tries to shake-off an image for poor customer service delivery.

Carolan Lennon, who took over the business after Eir was bought out earlier this year by French investors, said it has already moved to bring back in-house much of its credit management, field sales and retail staff.

She declined to comment on ongoing talks with its Indian call centre provider, HCL Technologies, with whom Eir has clashed over allegedly poor standards of customer service. HCL employs about 1,000 staff in Ireland on the Eir contract, as well as others back in India. Ms Lennon would only say Eir is “working with” HCL to raise standards.

“We have started bringing outsourced customer-facing functions back in house, in order to help build a world-class customer experience,” said Ms Lennon, who was speaking as Eir announced full-year results that saw sales fall by 2 per cent.

• Advertisement

Check it here onboards they are still diabolical
    I agree going on what I hear they're brutal. I'm just putting forward my experience.

It was actually Sept 2018! If Eir's customer service is still as bad as ever is carolan lennon still in situ??

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/eir-to-bring-hundreds-of-outsourced-customer-service-jobs-back-in-house-1.3617755

The new chief executive of Eir says the company plans to bring “hundreds” of outsourced customer service jobs back in-house, as it tries to shake-off an image for poor customer service delivery.

Carolan Lennon, who took over the business after Eir was bought out earlier this year by French investors, said it has already moved to bring back in-house much of its credit management, field sales and retail staff.

She declined to comment on ongoing talks with its Indian call centre provider, HCL Technologies, with whom Eir has clashed over allegedly poor standards of customer service. HCL employs about 1,000 staff in Ireland on the Eir contract, as well as others back in India. Ms Lennon would only say Eir is “working with” HCL to raise standards.

“We have started bringing outsourced customer-facing functions back in house, in order to help build a world-class customer experience,” said Ms Lennon, who was speaking as Eir announced full-year results that saw sales fall by 2 per cent.

So it's a whitewash,more palava , spin in other words lying through their teeth ref changing their customer care standards,buy cheap sell dear is eirs motto where customer care service is concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Not Cork City, Dungarvan but I was having issues with my broadband generally getting slower, phone taking ages to load a page, etc.
    Checked the speed and got less than 2 Mbps.
    Raised an issue on the website, got a call from a Dublin number which I missed but he left a message (Dub accent) saying it he was going to work on it and my broadband would be off for a few mins.
    When I got home home I tried the speed, 87 Mbps.
    This was the first time they actually did something right, have had many a battle with them over the years and raised complaints with the Regulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

No answer to phone calls - automated reply telling me I'll be waiting more than 30 minutes and then the call cancels. No reply to an email sent a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Amazing how people on this island still spend their money on such a crap company..they would be forcefully closed down if they were operating and giving such ****e service to their customers in any other eu country

• Registered Users Posts: 18,096 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Turbohymac wrote: »
    Amazing how people on this island still spend their money on such a crap company..they would be forcefully closed down if they were operating and giving such ****e service to their customers in any other eu country

They wouldn't be forcefully shut down. But there'd likely be a lot more competition. To be honest eir broadband is grand as long as your don't actually have any issues or need to talk to them. If you do, you're on your own.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    They wouldn't be forcefully shut down. But there'd likely be a lot more competition. To be honest eir broadband is grand as long as your don't actually have any issues or need to talk to them. If you do, you're on your own.

Gangsters

namloc1980 wrote: »

Gangsters

I cant fault them tbh reported the fault online sunday guy was out Tuesday after bank holiday Monday to fix it.

Advertisement