Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New groupset for Trek 7500

Options
  • 17-06-2019 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

Hey All, I got a 2006 model, Trek 7500 that has lasted me fine until now. I recently got new brakes and the frame is fine. The other components have started to show their age. I only use it to get around locally at the moment but would like to start using it for fitness once more.
    I basically want to replace most of the Drivechain components but don't know where to start. My current gear config is 3x9 which it seems has become quite archaic I always thought 3 front gears caused more problems than anything.
    can I put other configs like 2x10 or 2x11 on it and what groupsets are out there around the €400 price range? I'm not really looking to buy a new bike at the moment either.

Comments

Advertisement