Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pelts golf

Options
  • 13-06-2019 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done one of their one day scoring classes?

Recommended??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I've only heard good things about them, but they are expensive.

If you have access to a short game area there is no reason why you cant do it all yourself really.
    Its all about having a club + swing length combo for specific distances inside 100M.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

think they are doing a one day special for just under 200 euro at the moment. 6 people for one instructor is the ratio which isn't too bad. personally id rather do what Greebo suggested and work on it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭rooney30

GreeBo wrote: »
    I've only heard good things about them, but they are expensive.

If you have access to a short game area there is no reason why you cant do it all yourself really.
    Its all about having a club + swing length combo for specific distances inside 100M.

Fully agree . Iv always found self taught technique is much better that’s the advice of trained pga professionals .

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

rooney30 wrote: »
    Fully agree . Iv always found self taught technique is much better that’s the advice of trained pga professionals .

Why do the best players in the world have coaches and instructors then?

Maybe it's because what they think is happening and what is actually happening are two different things. And then you have the average player who has even less of a clue why the ball goes a certain way and no idea how to fix it.

Will you get to a destination quicker with a map or without a map?

The OP should definitely go to the Pelz school, there's lots to be learnt

Maybe it's because what they think is happening and what is actually happening are two different things. And then you have the average player who has even less of a clue why the ball goes a certain way and no idea how to fix it.

Pelz is not teaching you how to swing, he is teaching you how to play...or at least that's my understanding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Pelz is not teaching you how to swing, he is teaching you how to play...or at least that's my understanding?

I would have thought there would be some lessons on technique included in the course?

etxp wrote: »
    I would have thought there would be some lessons on technique included in the course?

I assume there is probably some, such as you might get at a fitting, but I believe mostly it's focused on specific yardages and having shots for those yardages.

He has an issue, albeit borne out of stats, with people being online but short or long.

In the short game schools they teach the technique on how to pitch, chip, play bunker shots and putt. So for golfers looking to get better at these it's a good place to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭rooney30

I was being sarcastic in relation to Greebos comments , which I find ludicrous . I agree with you completely .

In the short game schools they teach the technique on how to pitch, chip, play bunker shots and putt. So for golfers looking to get better at these it's a good place to go.

Better than 4+ private 1 to 1 lessons with your local pro?

• Advertisement

Better than 4+ private 1 to 1 lessons with your local pro?

Maybe, that would depend on the quality of the local pro and their expertise in short game.

Maybe, that would depend on the quality of the local pro and their expertise in short game.

Well of course.:confused:

Advertisement