Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes at Frontier Silicon WIFI portal

Options
  • 11-05-2019 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

Anyone having difficulties with internet radio pre-sets over the past few days, should check out the Frontier Silicon portal homepage.

It seems that major changes have occurred and the ability to store pre-sets/favourites and to add specific url's, has now been removed due to a system migration away from the previous service provider.

They say that the main database is still operational, but some specific stations may be missing and you will have to search for any that you previously had stored. Previous user accounts on the portal have also been removed.

A bit of a pain all round, but at least any radios affected are still operational, if not as user friendly as they used to be.

Details here - https://support.wifiradiofrontier.com/portal/home

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,221 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, noticed this a few days ago. When I turned on the set there was an announcement. I put my pre-sets back manually. Frustrating about the favourites going and the user accounts too.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, spotted this a few days ago and meant to post about it.

Taken from Roberts though it mostly just re-iterates what was in the link posted above
    Internet Radio Migration: 7
    th May 2019
    On 1st May 2019 we experienced a major outage of the Internet Radio & Podcast service used by
    our customers’ Internet Radio devices. This was caused by issues that were outside our control. Due
    to the ongoing stability issues our third party technology supplier will be migrating to a new internet
    radio station database partner.
    No action will be required by yourself as the products will have / be automatically redirected to the
    new internet radio service provider over the next 24 hours. As a result of this change there will be
    some differences between the new and old service, these are listed below.
    Impacts on product user interface
    While the technology partner have tried to minimise the impact to you, there are some differences
    between the new service vs the previous service. Listed below is a list of the changes you may
    experience:
    • No support for ‘favourites’. However stations can still be stored as presets.
    • The previous customer portal for ‘My Added Stations’ is no longer available, and so you
    can no longer use it to add your own stations. If you would like a station adding to the
    database then please raise a support ticket,
    https://support.wifiradiofrontier.com/portal/newticket and our partner will aim to get it
    added within 2 working days.
    • By using a new provider for the Internet Radio and Podcast directory. You may discover
    some new stations and podcasts that were not previously available, and you may find
    some stations and podcasts are missing. If you notice a station or podcast that you think is
    missing from the database then please raise a support ticket
    https://support.wifiradiofrontier.com/portal/newticket and they will aim to get it added
    within 2 business days.
    • You may see some slight changes to the menu structure on your devices due to the change
    of provider.
    • Existing Internet Radio or podcast presets will be lost and need to be stored again.
    • Some stations/podcasts/genre may have a different name
    • Station/podcast logos may be different
    • Help menu is different
    We apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of these changes, which have be made in
    order to provide continuity of service. This is a large and complex migration and whilst this has been
    tested and rehearsed in advance there may be an initial period of reduced service stability. We will
    be monitoring the service closely during this time and will communicate any issues via the status
    page at https://status.frontiersmart.com/.

The Frontier status link might be handy on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭decies

byte wrote: »
    Yeah, spotted this a few days ago and meant to post about it.

Taken from Roberts though it mostly just re-iterates what was in the link posted above

The Frontier status link might be handy on occasion.
    Just discovered no more favs on my Roberts 105 and only 10 pre sets buttons !!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Revo models also affected. Can't store favourites any more so I have to rely on the 'Last Listened' option which remembers the last 10 stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrkr

Still no change on this. I've a Roberts internet radio that you can store 5 favourites on, it's basically worthless unless they restore this service. The bleeding Tunein app on my phone lets me save favourites ffs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement