Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Day At A Whine (Sweet Jesus), Liveline, 10/05/19 and dat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I was on the Metro in Madrid and some guy walked on at Gran Via station with a battery loud speaker and electric guitar and proceeded to rock out a few solos, and walked up and down the carriage looking for funds
    Class so it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Michael joseph

sorry Nuala, you'ra talking about a country where people actually give a ****e what other people think. A quiet carriage wouldn't work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,764 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Took him nine years though...

Braille misprinted on the maps.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I was on the Metro in Madrid and some guy walked on at Gran Via station with a battery loud speaker and electric guitar and proceeded to rock out a few solos, and walked up and down the carriage looking for funds
    Class so it was

Last time I was on the Paris underground it was the same story

sorry Nuala, you'ra talking about a country where people actually give a ****e what other people think. A quiet carriage wouldn't work here.
    Is it my imagination or did we once have quiet carriages?

Edit, am I on LiveLine?

• Advertisement

Class so it was

Was he one of the Iberian equivalent of the journeying class?

Jude makes cream crackers seem juicy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

It is Ireland.

The most RTE excuse I've ever heard.

Music touches the 'sole.
    Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

where's Barry Kenny ? The King of Spin

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Joe attempting to be funny.
    Lead balloon.

We'll hear that Vow of silence gag on many a FF in years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Even Joe is kowtowing to the Jude the Queen of Boring...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Am I being too facetious ?

YES.

Next caller.

The ticket collector came along..............and threw him out ze window

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭boardise

Ok -but the essential point made by the caller was not so much that people sang -anything can erupt at any given moment - but that Irish Rail seemed to excuse it . I would be surprised if this was common practice among rail companies generally .
    Then again maybe the world is changing in ways that I never foresaw -and I do accept no one will ask for my permission.

BPKS wrote: »
    The ticket collector came along..............and threw him out ze window

"I vill say zis only once."

sligojoek wrote: »
    Am I being too facetious ?

YES.

Next caller.

He oftens asks that question.

I'd love some day if a caller said to him "No Joe, you are just being a pr1ck"

If you wants quiet carriage here you have to go First Class, if there is such a carriage on the route. Often carriages get filled with free-ridin’ scrotes who eff their way throughout the journey, often getting on in places like Portarlington.

boardise wrote: »
    Ok -but the essential point made by the caller was not so much that people sang -anything can erupt at any given moment - but that Irish Rail seemed to excuse it . I would be surprised if this was common practice among rail companies generally .
    Then again maybe the world is changing in ways that I never foresaw -and I do accept no one will ask for my permission.

They had a piano installed in a few train stations over the last few months so people could sit down a play a tune while they waited for a train.

Were there complaints about this I wonder?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

He oftens asks that question.
    I'd love some day if a caller said to him "No Joe, you are just being a pr1ck"

Mod Note

Triple bonus bingo points if anyone gets that in!

ps - not really a mod note its Friday and I'm giddy. :D

• Advertisement

They had a piano installed in a few train stations over the last few months so people could sit down a play a tune while they waited for a train.

Are there any takers (and I don't mean Hi-Ace vans pulling up and loading them)?

Oh deer!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I've a sneaking suspicion this caller has never ever ever been on a stag

boardise wrote: »
    I think she had a point. If I was sitting beside her on the train (which neither she nor I were on :pac:) I'd probably agree with her. It was a bit inconsiderate, and IR should probably be careful about promoting it. But it's just a one-off.

It's just the proportion of Jude's response that gets me.

How about some Sky Marshals on the trains, with rubber bullets?

There were, on de Lahvlahn, about them not being in tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

This is Fr Purrcell from Fr Ted
    New boilers

Id say after that young band on the Ryanair flight went viral for a mid air ceili, they are all scrambling for something similar to go viral.

Ah Joe will you leave poor Simon go FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement