Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment methods on website

Options
  • 22-02-2021 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am looking for advice here but I'm not sure where to put this query. My brother was just looking online and saw this site "aquanami" He likes fishing and he thought this would be good little motorised kayak to go up river and portable but it's expensive! The question here is they don't take credit card or PayPal only telegraphic money transfer. He emailed them about this and received this reply.

"It is quite simple. In Croatia for selling retail ( cash ) there is completely different payment system ( they call it “Fiscalisation” ), where registered computer needs to be directly connected to Tax office. ( They have real time information about every single item sold, and every Invoice receive code ). As we are producer and gross seller, and in same time 95% of our sales are international, this is not appropriate system for us, so we choose to be out of this system. Simple paperwork, but we cannot accept cash payment. Best regards,..."

Any advice about business payment methods in Croatia would be welcome because we haven't seen this before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I would avoid like the plague. Dodgy as hell and no protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

OP - really do you need advice?

website is overseas and not known to you. All the risk is on you if you don't use a method where you can get a refund from bank/paypal if item are not as advertised.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The reply you got is nonsense and seriously misleading

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscalization

Note how numerous other country's have this and don't require money transfers.

the site is a scam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭corks finest

Caranica wrote: »
    I would avoid like the plague. Dodgy as hell and no protection.

100 pc run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

here's the place
    https://www.facebook.com/caffebarziggy/

2 Coffees + Kayak to go please :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 deirdre11

Thanks for this, I'll show him these replies!!

There is a genuine aquanami.com site in America but only ship goods within the USA

Maybe this is why a .eu site appeared??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

If you key the address into google you will see several aqua related websites come up - all similar rubbish quality and all most likely scams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Boat sales seems to be a popular target for fakes and scams, dodgy websites keep popping up.

Advertisement