Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo

Options
  • 19-02-2021 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Nintendo have stole €100 from us. Bit of a long story: -

In XMas 2019, Santa topped up the wrong user account in relation to my child's Nintendo Switch. The way it's set up, there's an adult account, who is above a child account. It was the child account that should have been topped up, but Santa topped up the adult account in error.

In early 2020 I contacted Nintendo to rectify it. After many emails going back and forward, they kept saying they could not find my account. They'd asked for a lot of info (see below). I checked, double checked and triple checked it. All was correct. I re-sent but they again came back saying they couldn't find the account.

It was around this time that Covid19 struck and my workload shot through the roof. Already raging with them stonewalling me, I didn't get a chance to follow up, again, until November 2020. After the same crap saying they couldn't find the account, I provided the exact same data via their chat function (which appears to have been new, and now subsequently removed I believe). Of course they were able to locate the account.

After some back and forwards, they eventually told me they wouldn't be refunding the money. The best they offered was to transfer it to the kids account. At this stage, I no longer wanted this for various reasons, I only wanted it refunded.

They have refused. I've contacted the CPCC (months ago) but I have to say, while trying to be helpful, they really have no power.

Is that it for it then? Just accept that Nintendo have robbed us and stay away from them in the future?

Thanks for reading.

Info requested by Nintendo:

Nintendo Account Sign-In ID:

E-mail address associated with the account:

Date of birth:

The serial number of your primary Nintendo console:

Child Account Nickname:

Child Account Login-ID:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Wow.

Let me sum this up, in case i misunderstood. You topped up the adult account rather than the child account in error? Your not claiming it was a system issue etc? You got the credit. You accepted all their terms and conditions to use this service.

When covid hit the issue was put to one side-. understandable.

After further communications, They have offered to rectify your mistake and out the credit on the child account, as originally intended. But now you have turned down this fair offer, and insisted on a refund!

How have they robbed you? they have offered to put the credit you purchased on the account you intended it for. Very fair offer.

As for your post, have you read the T's & C's you agreed to when setting up the account? What is your obersavtion on that? What do you think the CCPC should do here? It is effectively a change of mind scenario here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭hold my beer

The child's account was also topped up by Santa, when he realised his mistake, as there was no option to transfer it (had there been an option, that's exactly what would have been done, but because there wasn't, there wasn't much choice really).

I wanted the money back as it was put in in error. Is that too much to ask for? God forbid someone makes an error and would like their money back.

Edit to add that there's now €100 sitting on a Nintendo account that will never be used - if that's not morally wrong to people, then I guess my moral compass is way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Edit the OP for goodness sake. Nothing has been stolen.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Edit the OP for goodness sake. Nothing has been stolen.

No. I'd call not giving me my money back stealing.

• Advertisement

If a client paid me money in error, it would be refunded without hesitation. Anything other than that is just wrong. I have no doubt Nintendo have covered themselves legally in terms and conditions that nobody reads.

But it's theft in my book. And Nintendo have lost a customer for life because of it. I say this as a huge fan of them. But they'll never get another penny from me

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its not theft in law, and you have left this far too late to get any follow up on it. I don't see any purpose for this thread other than to complain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement