Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What payment do I apply for

• 18-02-2021 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I was offered a new job so I handed in my notice I finish tomorrow,but got a call today, the new job is put back for 3 weeks due to Covid. I work in construction now I don’t know what benefit to apply for as I have no work for 3 weeks now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭wench

Apply for Jobseekers - either benefit or allowance, depending on your stamps

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭BingCrosbee

raymick wrote: »
    I was offered a new job so I handed in my notice I finish tomorrow,but got a call today, the new job is put back for 3 weeks due to Covid. I work in construction now I don’t know what benefit to apply for as I have no work for 3 weeks now
    Go on to your computer tonight. Set up an account in Gov.ie welfare. Apply for the PUP payment. This is for people who are affected by COVID. You are eligible for it. No questions. There will be 350 in your account on Tuesday. Stay away from Jobseekers Benefit/Allowance, it does not pertain to you. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

wench wrote: »
    Apply for Jobseekers - either benefit or allowance, depending on your stamps

Why would he apply for jobseekers when he has a job? The start date is directly affected by Covid therefore he is entitled to the 350 PUP.
    Op, the form is so easy to fill in and you should receive the money on Tuesday. They're really fast which is a Godsend for situations like yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭wench

I missed that the delay was due to covid, so sure, fire away with PUP.

Otherwise, having a job lined up wouldn't prevent you claiming JB to cover a gap like this.

Advertisement