Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PremierShip/F1/UFC/Liga/Bliga/NFL/NBA/CEV 2euro/month SEE OP

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I found it wouldn't accept virtual Revolut cards, but did accept a physical one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I was very happy with Vidio on my firestick for last night's match, the quality was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dunnetd

Quick question on Vidio for those who signed up. Is the Diamond Mobile only the package you signed up for?

Also did anyone get cast working with turning Vpn off from the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Same, and seed4me VPN worked fine with it, unlike for the recent charity shield match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭Glebee

Setanta last night worked as expected. 4 games on, 3 with English commentary and the Premier League had no English commentary.

Quality was decent with the Arsenal match probably being the poorest but still completely watchable No stuttering or freezing and all stream worked first time. So far so good from Setanta Moldova. Ill hang onto S Sports for a while more as its so cheap but can see myself using Setanta more and more for the mainland Europe football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Can anyone help me with Vidio please.

So signed up using VPN and have the free account.

Next I try to pay for Premium.

2 options, credit card or PayPal.

Credit card looks for State and Zip code.

I tried PayPal and it took a (refundable?) small payment.

However now I cannot make a full PayPal payment, as when I choose PayPal I just get a red banner with no helpful text, and it stays on the credit card tab.

How did everyone pay, did you use card payment and pluck a state and zip code from a Google search?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

Commentary on Setanta Ukraine, same as Ssport. Jim Beglin one of them.

Video quality on Paramount is way better than Setanta, but the commentary is in Spanish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Spn744

English commentary on the Fulham V Liverpool game now, happy days! Tip to get faster speed if watching on an iOS device, when the match is playing go back into your VPN app and turn it off, the game still plays :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

watching on vidio good quality and English commentary

Tried Setanta Ukraine and English commentary

Tried on eye p TV and Vidio and Setanta are better quality and no buffer or stuttering so far

Watching on the shield with vpn on

Just have to listen to Jim Beglin 🙄🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

I could only get the payment to go through when using the app on my phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Had some buffering at the start of the game, restarted app/vpn and everything seems fine now.

Minor complaint, but the Vidio graphic in the corner is a little annoying!

Yes graphic bit annoying but also watched game last night on vidio and adverts came up during the game not for long

Going to watch second half on Setanta see how that goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭larchielads

Anyone know how to cancel setanta sub, think ill stick with my iptv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Go into the app and click on account and then down the bottom of your screen there is an option to cancel your subscription

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭larchielads

• Registered Users Posts: 17 LZ91

Very impressed with Setanta. Looks like it will do nicely for the season.

What VPN's are working well with Vidio? Mine has been woeful for the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Tamoreit

Last night I used Ivacy which worked fine on Vidio. It was woeful today for the Liverpool match. Seed4Me was also bad today which makes me think this site is going to be hit or miss as an earlier poster mentioned Seed4Me was fine last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

^ Same for me. Seed4me was quite bad today but was OK last night. Windscribe was a lot better today. It fact it was almost perfect except that it still managed to buffer just when Fulham were taking their penalty.

I'd also be interested to hear what people believe is the best VPN for Vidio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

NBC Sports player app still works for me despite ending my 7 Day Fubo trial close to two years ago

When I was on my 7 day Fubo trial I downloaded NBC Sports app to my firestick via a US VPN on an Amazon account with a fake US address and when you access the app you will get a message on the NBC Sport App with a code to validate that you have a valid TV provider through the below link. Follow the steps, select your device and TV provider etc and Fubo validates your account to access the NBC Sports app. You will notice on the homepage of the app it will have Fubo TV logo in the top right corner that's how you know you have full validated access

NBC Sports deactivates my access to the app exactly every 3 months. I log into US VPN and the app, follow the validation link on the app, for some positively unknown reason either Fubo or the NBC Sports app are still incorrectly recognising I have a valid Fubo subscription so thankfully I still have access to the NBC Sports app and can watch all of the USA network Premier League games, anything live on NBC like NFL/Golf/Nascar etc. and loads of other sports. I have a Peacock sub aswell so with both I have every single Premier League game live

https://www.nbcsports.com/activate

Streaming quality on Peacock this weekend is shocking so far, anyone else the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭samboy08

Just hope this is the same with youtube tv as I validated with them instead.

I won't make any promises but I suspect the validation error might be with the NBC app so it might still work for you. I've tried validating my defunct Fubo account to download other US TV apps like USA Network and they won't validate my Fubo account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah watching Spurs game now and it's a bit jumpy. Didn't get a chance to get Vidio set up on the fire stick but will do for next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭a2deden

Setanta quality excellent

Flicking through 3pm games and Leeds game only one with English commentary. No commentary on other games except efl Burnley but who wants to watch Burnley... 😉

checked vidio and English commentary on all but stuttering a bit quality not as good as Setanta especially Villa game

Peacock quality for me is 10/10 at the moment, have you tried casting to the TV via airplay or chromecast as to me it sounds like a vpn issue? Also use a speed test to see what your download speed is with and without a vpn and see what the difference is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

Is there no commentary on Setanta Ukraine? I'm watching Spurs and it's just the crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,429 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes seems to be only the Leeds Wolves game with English commentary of the 3pm games. The Ukranian's might be interested in getting hold of that Southampton away kit, the Russian's would never spot them on the battlefield 😂

I'm watching Peacock through the app on my firestick without VPN as I have getflix setup on the device, I noticed quality wasn't great watching WWE Summerslam live for a short bit last week and when I watched the replay the following day quality was 10/10. I might clear cache or re-install the app at half time

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Tamoreit

I'm having better luck with the 3pm games on Vidio, been watching the Newcastle v Forrest game which has been perfect once it buffered. I've used Ivacy again for this game.

The biggest difference is I'm using Windows 11 rather than my usual OS (debian linux) and when I opened the Ivacy app, I went into settings and changed the connection protocol from automatic to IKEV. The Seed4Me app doesn't give me the same option on Windows though. If your VPN gives you the option to switch protocols, maybe it's worth a try with Vidio.

Lads I’ve just turned on peacock and had a look through all the live games and the replays and quality is absolutely superb, that’s using Windscribe on the firestick. 10/10 no problem and as good as sky sports

• Advertisement

I was using Surfshark on an older stick, must be the VPN or the stick that was the issue.

I’m actually piggy backing on a fellow boardsies subscription but it involves switching your App Store to America and paying by Apple Pay. Wee bit complicated but can be done no problem, I have the app on my iPhone and firestick and it’s savage, it has a serious amount of sport on it but also a heap of movies, tv shows and channels

Yeah I’m probably like a broken record on here but Windscribe really is top class when it comes to anything like this or the iplayer/itv hub. It just works with no faffing about, I’m also using the 4K stick with a few spare gbs of space on it which I think helps

It’s complicated but not too bad to set up. If you need help setting it up let me know and I’ll do a guide, think I might have done one a few pages ago but can’t remember if it was for Peacock. I set it up on an iOS device (apple) so I can only help with getting the payment working if you have one of those.

Yeah I've been meaning to upgrade the stick for a while. Must get on to it this week.

• Advertisement

Will put that on my list. Quality on all games so far has been great apart from Liverpool - which was atrocious. Thought it might have been my VPN. Will see how next week or so goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

Sounds brill - could you do a quick guide as I have an iPhone - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 charlo108

Setanta Moldova... VPN was giving me issues -- sometimes working, sometimes not... switched to Nord and much better. Great picture, but no English commentary 😐️

I’ll keep setanta as a back up for the moment as it’s cheap as chips but having no English commentary is a bit of a deal breaker so I’ll probably try get something different for the long term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

I managed to get the NBC sports app working.

I signed up to FuboTV for a trial, I used my KBC bank card.

I then logged into the NBCSN app on my firestick and it's working away. Hopefully it'll stay working after my trial finishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

How does concurrent viewing work with Nowtv, do the other two viewers need a stick in their tv to use the same account? Also would it be geoblocked outside of Ireland

Peacock IOS payment guide 

Note - this can be done on your existing or new iCloud address however whichever account downloads the Peacock app has to have the active subscription. 

Step 1 - Change your App Store location to America by going into the app, click your profile picture on the top right } email address } country/region } change country/region } United States } payment method none } type in a USA address (Google McDonald’s NY for example and copy this) } done 

Step 2 - Your App Store should refresh and show USA content } search peacock } download 

Step 3 - Once downloaded go back into the App Store and change your address back to Ireland using the steps in 1. 

Step 4 - Ensure you have Apple Pay cards on your wallet as this is required for payment (in my instance) 

Step 5 - Connect to a USA vpn (Windscribe & Seed4Me VPN tested) and open the peacock app, sign up for a new account and when prompted to pay select the cheapest option $5 which apple converts to €5.50. 

If there’s anything I’ve missed out on please let me know and I’ll tell you how I got passed it at the time and edit the above post.

I wonder if it’s worth contacting Setanta and asking them the reason why it’s not on all matches? They seem to have the rights to the English commentary as some matches have it so maybe it’s just not enabled on their side due to an overlook as it’s not the main language for their market. I can email them and maybe a few others if that doesn’t make it obvious what we’re all doing.

Yeah could it be possible someone in their technical department just isn’t activating the English language commentary? Might be worth a shot, I had another look at Vidio last night and it was giving me an option of €6.99 per month or €59.99 a year. I thought some lads on here were paying €35 ish a year? Their package options are not very clear and there is a heap of different ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

For those who have peacock, how much is it per month and are there any adds during live matches or any studio analysis?

I remember checking it before and there was an add version and a more expensive non add version so wondering how bad the adds are, also for watching movies/ tv show.

• Advertisement
Advertisement