Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What To Expect Council House Interview

Options
  • 15-10-2018 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Guys, what sort of questions I need to prepare for when going for Interview with local authority for Council House?

Do I need wear special dress on that day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

no need to dress up as such, i assume this is an interview for a possible offer of a house?

Basically jsut be up front with them, be truthful, and polite etc
    And dont bring the kids if you have any, this really annoys some of them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

wifey28 wrote: »
    no need to dress up as such, i assume this is an interview for a possible offer of a house?

Basically jsut be up front with them, be truthful, and polite etc
    And dont bring the kids if you have any, this really annoys some of them

Being someone who works in a public service office I would advise that kids aren’t any bother as long as the parent is capable of minding them while the interview is ongoing. The amount of parents who come into our office with kids and ask the receptionist to "throw his eye” over them for a 30 minute interview is staggering.
    When we were small my mother could bring us into any office and we would sit in silence while the adults had a conversation because there would be dire consequences if we didn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

splinter65 wrote: »
    Being someone who works in a public service office I would advise that kids aren’t any bother as long as the parent is capable of minding them while the interview is ongoing. The amount of parents who come into our office with kids and ask the receptionist to "throw his eye” over them for a 30 minute interview is staggering.
    When we were small my mother could bring us into any office and we would sit in silence while the adults had a conversation because there would be dire consequences if we didn’t.

While i would agree it shouldbe ok, as someone who got a council house in the last 18 months i can say for sure that cork county council peoples who hold these meetings really frown on having kids present.
    One family brought two young kids and the look of (i shouldnt say disgust but i dont have another way to put it) was very obvious and they werenotvery impressed ata toddler chattering in a buggy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tee corner

wifey28 wrote: »
    While i would agree it shouldbe ok, as someone who got a council house in the last 18 months i can say for sure that cork county council peoples who hold these meetings really frown on having kids present.
    One family brought two young kids and the look of (i shouldnt say disgust but i dont have another way to put it) was very obvious and they werenotvery impressed ata toddler chattering in a buggy

Please do you know if you income threshold of last year affect decision a bit over threshold for last yr but currently on pandemic payments

Dress normal I had mine before Christmas they just ask the usual your circumstances and what payment your on.

I got an offer in January and accepted but I can’t move in because of COVID. If you get a place be prepared to wait when you do but at least you’ve got it!

How many years are you on the list I got mine just under 4 years.

Best of luck OP let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement