Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elverys €12 Mens jacket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Space Dog wrote: »
    Not everyone's overweight?

40%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Kimbot wrote: »
    But did you get a cancellation email?

No, but I have something else on the order.

The first time I ordered the jacket I had a 2nd item on there. I got a dispatch email first, then on the day of delivery a 2nd email saying my jacket was out of stock. This time I have a pair of runners on there so I'm expecting it to be dispatched at least before I find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

You can return to the DC not just a store

ok so through anpost ?

Just arranged collection back....too heavy and everyone knows about the looks anyways !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sappy404 wrote: »
    No, but I have something else on the order.

The first time I ordered the jacket I had a 2nd item on there. I got a dispatch email first, then on the day of delivery a 2nd email saying my jacket was out of stock. This time I have a pair of runners on there so I'm expecting it to be dispatched at least before I find out.

My dispatch email just arrived for a large one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shtickboy

Mine arrived this morning, Size Large is perfect for me, its fitted alright with a hoodie on underneath.
    It has a hood and fleece lined, says it water and wind resistant. not bad for the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

i managed to order a large for a lady that normally takes a 10 to 12, and she is delighted with it. all the duncans gone again, maybe theyll have a few more with the returns in next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

So I received my medium last week and it was a little tight but would have kept it but ordered a large when they went back on sale and I returned my medium today.
    Large delivered today and it’s a lot better fit..

harr wrote: »
    So I received my medium last week and it was a little tight but would have kept it but ordered a large when they went back on sale and I returned my medium today.
    Large delivered today and it’s a lot better fit..

how do you return it? cost?

just a question - L suits you and M tight - what size inch chest are you normally!

(so I can gauge it as size of this jacket is a bit off it seems)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Got my jacket today ,large, was going for medium until posts on here, glad i did, not a bad jacket, greener then it appears in picture which is better.

glasso wrote: »
    how do you return it? cost?

just a question - L suits you and M tight - what size inch chest are you normally!

(so I can gauge it as size of this jacket is a bit off it seems)

On the docket that comes with Jacket it has an on post website to print off a return label and I just dropped it into the post office. It has free returns.
    I did put a note saying the sizing was a little off.
    Don’t have a clue what size chest I am but all my jackets are medium and the large i got today is still smaller than a lot of my medium coats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I got mine today! Great quality for the price; I'd definitely think it was closer to the original price of €70. It's fleece lined and very warm. For my 2c, sizing is definitely off. I'm a 38" chest and usually go M but I saw reviews say it was a snug fit and went with a L which fits me perfectly with a jumper on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

By the way when i got my jacket it had a sticker price of €44.99, don't know if it was ever €69,still a good buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ronald Franz

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    By the way when i got my jacket it had a sticker price of €44.99, don't know if it was ever €69,still a good buy.

Mine had two stickers, the 74,99 original and 22,99 stick on price.

I think it is a great jacket, worth closer to the 74 euro as someone above said. Much better than I was expecting and hoping for.

I'm in a grey area between medium and small jackets. The medium fit is grand for me.

Thanks very much OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Haha, a 74 euro jacket does not look like that.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Haha, a 74 euro jacket does not look like that.

I have purchased worse jackets that were close to €70 , for under €15 I wouldn’t care if it only does me a few months. Definitely a lot better in the flesh than it looks I photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ebeanz

I got my order & included one of the €1.99 hats, it arrived with a security tag on!! Elverys said to send it back and they'd take the tag off but for €1.99 I can't be arsed to print off a return label and the order email. I'll just wait another few months until the store is open again and get them to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

ebeanz wrote: »
    I got my order & included one of the €1.99 hats, it arrived with a security tag on!! Elverys said to send it back and they'd take the tag off but for €1.99 I can't be arsed to print off a return label and the order email. I'll just wait another few months until the store is open again and get them to do it.

Think a strong magnet will remove it, look up youtube, will surely have videos of how to do it.

harr wrote: »
    I have purchased worse jackets that were close to €70 , for under €15 I wouldn’t care if it only does me a few months. Definitely a lot better in the flesh than it looks I photos.

Maybe you just have bad taste in jackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Maybe you just have bad taste in jackets.

Sam why so much hate towards this jacket 😅 This must be your 5th post about it now. You need to get out more (within your 5k)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Bhail

Nice find

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Happened to me recently and I went to my local Dunnes and they were able to remove it. Best bet is the grocery tills as they have various sizes for clothes and wine bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Mine arrived today. Ordered M before I saw the other posts about the smaller sizing. I'm 6ft and slim enough and it fits fine. Certainly on the snug side but not an issue. The quality is much better than the photos suggest, really is a bargain! Thanks OP.

Sam why so much hate towards this jacket �� This must be your 5th post about it now. You need to get out more (within your 5k)

The garment just repulses me and I find it hard and need to understand why anyone would buy it. I get its really cheap but would people really buy it if they seen that jacket online or instore, and say, thats a beauty. I must have it. It reeks of buying for the sake of buying because its so cheap and then trying to justify it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ronald Franz

Don't worry Sam, it might come back into stock soon. Don't be too down about missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I got it. Great jacket. Combined with the 10eur off voucher on 3plus app cost me just over a euro. Looks better in real life. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I got it. Great jacket. Combined with the 10eur off voucher on 3plus app cost me just over a euro. Looks better in real life. Delighted.

Mine is with an post, looking forward to getting it. Also used the 3 voucher but did not get free shipping so paid just over €5. Still a bargain, just hope it fits now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

You can open the tag with two forks there must be a video on the youtube about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

freebee23 wrote: »
    Mine is with an post, looking forward to getting it. Also used the 3 voucher but did not get free shipping so paid just over €5. Still a bargain, just hope it fits now!!!

Likewise, a bargain for a fiver. Took the advice of going up in size so ordered the xxl which fits fine (am 6’2), very comfortable, thanks OP ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Don't need.
    Just Bought

Advertisement