Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elverys €12 Mens jacket

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I got mine today! Great quality for the price; I'd definitely think it was closer to the original price of €70. It's fleece lined and very warm. For my 2c, sizing is definitely off. I'm a 38" chest and usually go M but I saw reviews say it was a snug fit and went with a L which fits me perfectly with a jumper on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

By the way when i got my jacket it had a sticker price of €44.99, don't know if it was ever €69,still a good buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ronald Franz

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    By the way when i got my jacket it had a sticker price of €44.99, don't know if it was ever €69,still a good buy.

Mine had two stickers, the 74,99 original and 22,99 stick on price.

I think it is a great jacket, worth closer to the 74 euro as someone above said. Much better than I was expecting and hoping for.

I'm in a grey area between medium and small jackets. The medium fit is grand for me.

Thanks very much OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Haha, a 74 euro jacket does not look like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Haha, a 74 euro jacket does not look like that.

I have purchased worse jackets that were close to €70 , for under €15 I wouldn’t care if it only does me a few months. Definitely a lot better in the flesh than it looks I photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ebeanz

I got my order & included one of the €1.99 hats, it arrived with a security tag on!! Elverys said to send it back and they'd take the tag off but for €1.99 I can't be arsed to print off a return label and the order email. I'll just wait another few months until the store is open again and get them to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

ebeanz wrote: »
    I got my order & included one of the €1.99 hats, it arrived with a security tag on!! Elverys said to send it back and they'd take the tag off but for €1.99 I can't be arsed to print off a return label and the order email. I'll just wait another few months until the store is open again and get them to do it.

Think a strong magnet will remove it, look up youtube, will surely have videos of how to do it.

harr wrote: »
    I have purchased worse jackets that were close to €70 , for under €15 I wouldn’t care if it only does me a few months. Definitely a lot better in the flesh than it looks I photos.

Maybe you just have bad taste in jackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Maybe you just have bad taste in jackets.

Sam why so much hate towards this jacket 😅 This must be your 5th post about it now. You need to get out more (within your 5k)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Bhail

Nice find

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Happened to me recently and I went to my local Dunnes and they were able to remove it. Best bet is the grocery tills as they have various sizes for clothes and wine bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Mine arrived today. Ordered M before I saw the other posts about the smaller sizing. I'm 6ft and slim enough and it fits fine. Certainly on the snug side but not an issue. The quality is much better than the photos suggest, really is a bargain! Thanks OP.

Sam why so much hate towards this jacket �� This must be your 5th post about it now. You need to get out more (within your 5k)

The garment just repulses me and I find it hard and need to understand why anyone would buy it. I get its really cheap but would people really buy it if they seen that jacket online or instore, and say, thats a beauty. I must have it. It reeks of buying for the sake of buying because its so cheap and then trying to justify it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ronald Franz

Don't worry Sam, it might come back into stock soon. Don't be too down about missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I got it. Great jacket. Combined with the 10eur off voucher on 3plus app cost me just over a euro. Looks better in real life. Delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I got it. Great jacket. Combined with the 10eur off voucher on 3plus app cost me just over a euro. Looks better in real life. Delighted.

Mine is with an post, looking forward to getting it. Also used the 3 voucher but did not get free shipping so paid just over €5. Still a bargain, just hope it fits now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

You can open the tag with two forks there must be a video on the youtube about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

freebee23 wrote: »
    Mine is with an post, looking forward to getting it. Also used the 3 voucher but did not get free shipping so paid just over €5. Still a bargain, just hope it fits now!!!

Likewise, a bargain for a fiver. Took the advice of going up in size so ordered the xxl which fits fine (am 6’2), very comfortable, thanks OP ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Berberis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Don't need.
    Just Bought

bought this for a family member but too small for them - someone said that there are free returns - what is the process?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

glasso wrote: »
    bought this for a family member but too small for them - someone said that there are free returns - what is the process?

https://www.elverys.ie/elverys/en/Covid19

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

The have all sizes on the other McKinley jacket, if your budget can stretch to €21.

They also have lovely little fleeces for girls in sizes 7-8 to 11-12 for a fiver!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Soarer wrote: »
    The have all sizes on the other McKinley jacket, if your budget can stretch to €21.

They also have lovely little fleeces for girls in sizes 7-8 to 11-12 for a fiver!

I may have missed out on a jacket but I got 2 fleeces and a very colourful hat for my 4 year old. Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Soarer wrote: »

I bought this jacket after seeing it posted here. Not the nicest looking jacket I've ever bought in my opinion. I feel like I should put on grey tracksuit bottoms and stand around outside a Spar somewhere. But it's a grand bargain if you need something to wear in the garden which I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭limerickabroad

Just in case anyone is interested also (and if you have a 9 year old Arsenal supporter in the house), they are selling last year's home shirt for an unbelievable €6.50 - I know it's a bit niche, but still . . .

https://www.elverys.ie/elverys/en/Elverys/Football/Premier-League/Arsenal/adidas-Arsenal-2019-20-Kids%27-Home-Jersey%2C-Red/p/000000000001096466_RED

Advertisement