Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hermes UK deliveries to Ireland - delays??

Options
  • 03-02-2021 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

A parcel was sent to me with Hermes UK on Friday January 15th. I haven’t received it yet. The last tracking detail said they have the parcel on January 17th. I haven’t received it yet 19 days after sending.

Are any other people experiencing long delays from Hermes UK?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Everyone I'd say. They are beyond brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

My daughter sent parcel before Christmas with same crowd and it came within a week, possible Brexit delays now.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

I had something coming from an eBay seller back in November, they were using Global Shipping which is normally about 7 days. They used Hermes to send it to the eBay Global Shipping centre, and it took almost 4 weeks to get there. From there, it actually only took a couple of days to get to me. Hermes tracking said they had received it and it was in a warehouse, then nothing until they finally sent it on.

Hermes = useless. If I see a seller state they use Hermes, I don't buy from them. With Brexit, that will likely only get worse for shipping to here from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I bought some health products from a website in UK, sent by Hermes. Waited about 4 weeks and emailed the retailer. Hermes sent it straight back as soon as it left the warehouse. Shocking service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

try wrote: »
    A parcel was sent to me with Hermes UK on Friday January 15th. I haven’t received it yet. The last tracking detail said they have the parcel on January 17th. I haven’t received it yet 19 days after sending.

Are any other people experiencing long delays from Hermes UK?

Did the sender fill in the correct details on the customs form including taric code, product description and value and also attach a commercial invoice? - If not, its in limbo and will probably be sent back.
    I bought some health products from a website in UK, sent by Hermes. Waited about 4 weeks and emailed the retailer. Hermes sent it straight back as soon as it left the warehouse. Shocking service.
    If since Jan 1st, many health products will not get through and will automatically be sent back. Websites in the UK are only now realising how different it is as a third party (world :) ) country that no longer works with the same regulations as all the countries surrounding it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

we are waiting on an item from Zavvi via Hermes -> An post,

last update was Feb 3rd where Hermes said it shipped and generated an AnPost tracking number and nothing since, no movement at all... An post website just says "awaiting information on your post"

starting to get worried now as its something we need for next week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Using an old thread as my query is similar...

Bought item on ebay UK, paid import charges upfront, posted 22.11.22..tracked as delayed by customs here on 27.11...

Any hope I'll ever get this ?

Advertisement