Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-04-2019, 07:17   #61
tatranska

I wonder could with get Trump to divert the millions he was given for the wall to come over and build one along the border.
It's one sure what of keeping these idiots where they belong.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-04-2019, 07:32   #62
Reati

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyDoody View Post
This whole marching business is foreign to me, as a Catholic.
It never really took off for the Catholics, given in NI every time we tried to march the RUC beat the bollox of them.
Thanks from:
26-04-2019, 07:34   #63
OldMrBrennan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by blergh View Post
If you want Northern Ireland to join the RoI then you would be encouraging of the Love Ulster parade and outraged by the Saoradh one. The only way unification would happen would be with the assent of Ulster Unionists, which isn't that outlandish an idea with Brexit.
I don't.
26-04-2019, 07:36   #64
Reati

Quote:
Originally Posted by downcow View Post
What is saodhar doing that Martin didn’t do?
While I have zero time for the group or what they stand for, it's annoying me your spelling an Irish word wrong when there is tons of posts with it right.

Clear it up for me, are you purposely spelling Saoradh wrong in your posts?

Edit: looks like another poster called you out for doing the same with names. Guess it's on purpose.

Last edited by Reati; 26-04-2019 at 07:40.
(3) thanks from:
26-04-2019, 07:56   #65
downcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
To be honest, nobody gives a damn who marches where in Dublin.
The love ulster march was marred by idiotic people who have their heads stuck in the past, a little like the orange men they were so annoyed with.

Ultimately nobody down here gives two fvcks about the type of nonsense you're trying to stir up. Nobody is happy that Lyra McKee was killed, and we'd rather see you lot learn to accept each other and move past the constant sectarian nonsense you're all so seemingly enamored by.

There will come a time when Northern Ireland will no longer be a part of the United Kingdom, I'm not alone in hoping that when that happens it will be Northern Ireland going it alone rather than becoming part of our nation because we've worked too hard for too long to have our country dragged down to the depths you are all so used to up there in the North.
A bit of responsibility and a need to rely on each other should give you the imputus to grow the hell up and begin to function as a country of your own.

As for your baiting thread, I'm sure some will bite but the rest of us are too busy living our lives to care about your childish sectarian claptrap.
I was honestly going to commend you post as being really interesting and sensible. But then I read the last paragraph.
Still, the rest of it makes a lot of sense.
Advertisement
26-04-2019, 07:58   #66
downcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas81 View Post
Downtown tell me this, You enjoy parades you said, no doubt you go to Brian Robinson as it would be one of the most popular why would you commemorate a man who indiscriminately killed an innocent catholic in Paddy, but condemn Sinn Fein commemorating Bootsy Begley.
I haven’t been to a parade bar the 12th for years. And I would hold exactly the same distain for loyalist killers being commemorated as republican killers
Thanks from:
26-04-2019, 08:03   #67
downcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by logie101 View Post
Electoral Mandate is one of the biggest differences.
That’s a fair reflection of the current position.
My question was in the past tense re Martin et al.
ie Martin had no mandate when he was present at street trouble in Derry with a sub machine gun. Maybe you could say he had the intelligence not to shoot into a crowd unlike this recent nutter
26-04-2019, 08:07   #68
downcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by janfebmar View Post

I think many people are surprised the March very recently, only a few days after the murder of the journalist in Derry, went ahead.
Yes many up here as well
26-04-2019, 08:12   #69
downcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reati View Post
While I have zero time for the group or what they stand for, it's annoying me your spelling an Irish word wrong when there is tons of posts with it right.

Clear it up for me, are you purposely spelling Saoradh wrong in your posts?

Edit: looks like another poster called you out for doing the same with names. Guess it's on purpose.
I can promise you it is absolutely not on purpose. I actually checked back several times as I typed the name of that group to spell it right. But I just didn’t bother a few times.
But this does highlight this reverence some give Irish. I am sure I have misspelt many English words in my post but seems that’s fine.
Advertisement
26-04-2019, 08:14   #70
Tomas81

Quote:
That’s a fair reflection of the current position.
My question was in the past tense re Martin et al.
ie Martin had no mandate when he was present at street trouble in Derry with a sub machine gun. Maybe you could say he had the intelligence not to shoot into a crowd unlike this recent nutter

So I take it your not dealing in facts. What did the saville report say about Martin and the machine gun,. That he was "probably" holding a machine gun. Don't be creating your own narrative.
26-04-2019, 08:15   #71
Tomas81

Quote:
I can promise you it is absolutely not on purpose. I actually checked back several times as I typed the name of that group to spell it right. But I just didn’t bother a few times.
But this does highlight this reverence some give Irish. I am sure I have misspelt many English words in my post but seems that’s fine.
The only thing your spelling wrong is Saoradh and McGuinness, but sure education over the wall was never much use.
26-04-2019, 08:17   #72
downcow

Quote:
So I take it your not dealing in facts. What did the saville report say about Martin and the machine gun,. That he was "probably" holding a machine gun. Don't be creating your own narrative.
Tomas you are splitting hairs. But that wasn’t my point anyway. Unless of course you are suggesting he wasn’t in the ira and that they weren’t on the streets with guns killing people before they had a mandate- and I think many would argue their later mandate was not so as to kill people
26-04-2019, 08:20   #73
Tomas81

Quote:
Tomas you are splitting hairs. But that wasn’t my point anyway. Unless of course you are suggesting he wasn’t in the ira and that they weren’t on the streets with guns killing people before they had a mandate- and I think many would argue their later mandate was not so as to kill people
No I'm well aware of the IRA actions more then most, I'll not criminalise them nor will I criminalise Loyalists for their actions. It was a different time the actions IMO were required and totally justified. Not all actions were good though. Some I take tremendous pride in though.
Thanks from:
26-04-2019, 08:22   #74
Blazer

To be honest I'd like the whole bunch of them to parade off the Cliffs of Moher.
Society should have no place for people like that.
26-04-2019, 08:23   #75
downcow

Quote:
The only thing your spelling wrong is Saoradh and McGuinness, but sure education over the wall was never much use.
You are being fairly pernickerdy. You want to lighten up a bit on the need for perfect spelling and grammar.
It’s no crack when you get wound up about such simple stuff but I will make special effort to spell all Irish words correctly

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion