Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closure of threads on Current Affairs

Options
  • 04-04-2021 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

I am a regular reader and very occasional contributor on this board. Having read many contributions on social media including Facebook and Twitter on Micheál Martin's trip to a boxing club in Cork, I came on here to read the discussion.

skimpydoo with a banning if they opened another thread.

I appreciate that moderators are entitled to their opinions but to close a thread because they think it is a nothing story is wrong, especially when other threads on 'nothing stories' and not about the current leader of the country are tolerated.

'Mehole' (would rather they used his proper name) is trending on Irish Twitter and the story has been covered by The Journal and others. I appreciate these mediums are not to everyone's taste but there is an interest in this 'current' topic.

The topic should be reinstated and the threat of a banning removed from @skimpydoo (don't know them, no vested interest)

Comments

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

The thread was closed at the time, due to questions over the legitimacy of the source. However, as this has been since reported in more reputable sources, I reopened the thread just now.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,544 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I am going to add one comment here

OP you know it was me who closed the second thread. Why did you not PM me to discuss before starting a thread here?

I know you cannot answer here, but it's one of the basic rules of this site. If you have an issue with moderation take it up with the mod via PM first. If you are not satisfied with the outcome then start a thread in Help Desk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement